• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650R How to replace position lights?

skeletor

CBR650F ABS
Dec 13, 2018
Beside the headlights?
I haven't physically looked at whether they are removable from the assembly on my F model, but it says to replace the headlight assembly.
I imagine it would be the same on the newer models as they're all LED.

KENT25W

CBR650R ABS
Dec 10, 2020
Riding Since
I’m unclear what light you are referring to? Please post a pic. Service manual has complete removal/installation procedures.

Thank you for your reply, I checked the service manual and it doesn't include this, I'm referring to the corner light within the headlight, I recon red will look better but not sure what kind of bulb I should get (I'm guessing T10 at the moment), cuz it only says LED in both service and owner's manual.

Attachments

• WechatIMG9899.jpeg
    WechatIMG9899.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 17

KENT25W

CBR650R ABS
Dec 10, 2020
Riding Since
Beside the headlights?
I haven't physically looked at whether they are removable from the assembly on my F model, but it says to replace the headlight assembly.
I imagine it would be the same on the newer models as they're all LED.
Thank you for your reply, it only says LED in both service and owner's manual so I'm a bit confused.

skeletor

CBR650F ABS
Dec 13, 2018
Thank you for your reply, it only says LED in both service and owner's manual so I'm a bit confused.
Yep, it sounds like they expect you to replace the entire headlight assembly if one fails. You'd have to disassemble it to know if you can install your own LED's, unless someone here has done it and already knows.

Top Bottom