• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Honda CB 650 F Low Electrical Buzz

Zetron

CB650F ABS
Apr 1, 2019
Hi All.

I have a CB650F 2017.

Today I noticed a kind of electrical buzz coming from the under of the tank.
It start when the ignition switch in on the ON position (but engine not running).

I'm not talking about the normal sound just before the engine start.
The buzz I'm talking about is continous and very low, so you need to be in a quite place to hear it.

I'm not sure if it's "normal" or not as I never heard it before.

Please, put the ear near the indicated zone, just between the frame and the right crankcase (I can hear it also on the left side) and let me know (don't start the engine, otherwise you can't hear it).

I've attached the audio file of the buzz I hear.

Thanks to all who'll spend a minute for this verification.

BUZZ.jpg

Attachments

• BUZZ.zip
    133 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Zetron

CB650F ABS
Apr 1, 2019
I really don't have an idea.

What about your CBR650F 2014? It should have almost the same engine/electrical harness so if it's normal on mine it could be normal also your CB. Do you hear this buzz?

I'd like also to know if who have my same bike hear or not this kind of buzz, just to understand if it's normal or not (in this case I probably have an electrical issue).

Thanks!

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
I really don't have an idea.

What about your CBR650F 2014? It should have almost the same engine/electrical harness so if it's normal on mine it could be normal also your CB. Do you hear this buzz?

I'd like also to know if who have my same bike hear or not this kind of buzz, just to understand if it's normal or not (in this case I probably have an electrical issue).

Thanks!

I worked on my bike yesterday with the fairing off. I hear the noise too. It's normal.

Zetron

CB650F ABS
Apr 1, 2019
Thanks for your response.

Today I found the origin of the buzz I hear: ABS. By removing the ABS M fuse (that is, by disconnecting it) the buzz disappears.

Anyway I asked the same think in an Italian forum and 3 people said they don't hear any buzz like that.

Really strange...

Last edited:

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
Thanks for your response.

Today I found the origin of the buzz I hear: ABS. By removing the ABS M fuse (that is, by disconnecting it) the buzz disappears.

Anyway I asked the same think in an Italian forum and 3 people said they don't hear any buzz like that.

Really strange...

Hmmmm...

I have not had the time to work on my bike. Next week I will double check.

Top Bottom