• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Frame slider, Crash pads

Which one would you buy?

• Total voters

Somchai

CBR650F ABS
Jan 13, 2018
Thailand
T Rex frame sliders are the best in my opinion............

Yes, I agree, they're probably the best.
I was going to buy cheap ones here, but now decided not to have any.
The plastics (and other parts) are so cheap here in Thailand, sliders are just not worth it.
Additionally there's a bigger risk of bending the frame with sliders.

Kayman29

CB650F
Feb 28, 2018
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Riding Since
I bought these sliders in Thailand for 1800 Baht and they are solid and do a great job. I had a high speed low side and the pin eventually broke off rather than bend the frame like some bolts set up.

Attachments

• 20180307_101520.jpg
    20180307_101520.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
  • 20180307_101433.jpg
    20180307_101433.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 88

Somchai

CBR650F ABS
Jan 13, 2018
Thailand
There are so many different views about the pros and cons of sliders on the internet.
Personally I think they might be a good topple protection, but at high speeds the odds are they do more bad than good.

You're lucky that in your case the pin broke off. Were the mounting points still intact? Could you get the damaged slider off easily?
A bended frame can be hard to spot without removing all parts and measure it carefully.

I still got some time to do more pondering, since I got a free 1 year full coverage insurance when I bought the bike.

Magdiel

CB650F ABS
Jul 6, 2017
Israel
Yes, I agree, they're probably the best.
I was going to buy cheap ones here, but now decided not to have any.
The plastics (and other parts) are so cheap here in Thailand, sliders are just not worth it.
Additionally there's a bigger risk of bending the frame with sliders.
Will they fit cb650f too?

Kayman29

CB650F
Feb 28, 2018
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Riding Since
Hi again. Yes fit the 650F. No warping or pin issues after the crash. I just unscrewed the base and attached a new set. They come as a set of two so new all around was in order. They are quite heavy and weigh I would guess a kilo plus total for the set. Not just one bolt through the frame but three really adds strength but just the one bolt on the actual bumper in case it needs detach as in my case.

Erchael

MotoGP
Aug 19, 2017
Belgium
Never tried the others but I can vouch for the LSL : they aren't perhaps the most aesthetically pleasing (that being relative to taste but they are rather simple, no-nonsense pads) but they are excellent for what the pads are about : protecting the bike when needed. I had a crash with my bike and it slid for around 20/30 meters before hitting a border, the metal strap (on which the pad itself is screwed to get two fixation points) was bent, the pad was deeply abraded, I lost the front-left light indicator light and the end of my clutch lever but the fairings had only a few scratches and I could continue to ride immediately. Since unbending the strap and changing the pad, I rode a thousand km without a hitch and they'll clearly last at least as long as the bike. ;)

Sarat

CBR650F ABS
Jun 10, 2019
I bought these sliders in Thailand for 1800 Baht and they are solid and do a great job. I had a high speed low side and the pin eventually broke off rather than bend the frame like some bolts set up.
Do you have any pics after the crash, need to see what actually got damaged

Ionutzu33

CBR650F ABS
Aug 29, 2018
From my point of view i would go with the LSL or the ones made by GSG Mototechnik. T-Rex also has a good sturdy set.

McGrumpy

CB650R ABS
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
From my point of view i would go with the LSL or the ones made by GSG Mototechnik. T-Rex also has a good sturdy set.

The parts from DPM are more expensive but very high quality.
I use the crash pads from DPM on my CB650R.

DPM Homepage: DPM

Attachments

• Honda CB650R DPM Crash Pads.jpg
    Honda CB650R DPM Crash Pads.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 41
Top Bottom