• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Frame slider, Crash pads

Which one would you buy?

• Total voters

robert-s-mz

Moto3
Apr 23, 2016
Germany
Hey guys,

Figured i'd open a separate thread for this topic, as search results mostly end up in new user posts naming their mods (which of course helps already)

There are multiple options out there, and i am in the selection process - preferably going for a multi-fixpoint solution to not damage the frame or motor mounting parts. If i had a wish, no drilling the frame option.

Here's the only multi-point option i found:

https://spieglerusa.com/crash-protection/frame-slider/frame-slider-mounting-kit-14449.htm

Here are (i think) the two most popular in this Forum:

http://www.rg-racing.com/browsetype/Crash_Protectors/Honda/CBR650F/CP0351BL/

http://shop.sw-motech.com/en/4052572029183.htm

What's your opinion on those three? Any other multi-fixpoint options out there?

Cheers,
Robert

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
If you’re set on getting these style sliders, the LSL ones sold by Spiegler look to be the least likely to bend in a wreck or have you hit your knees on while you ride. I’ve seen the long ones snap off engine mounting bolts and bend them to the point they need to be drilled out so those with the long bolts concern me.

However, I’d suggest looking at R&G case covers or simply looking at the price of the OEM Honda covers and deciding if it’s worth the added money if you drop the bike. Last time I looked, OEM clutch covers were around $45 and stater covers were $35 or so at a discount OEM vender which means you could replace them 3 times before the sliders were cheaper. And the plastic case savers are about the same price as the other slider units you’re looking at are.

robert-s-mz

Moto3
Apr 23, 2016
Germany
I get what you're saying, yet the chance of getting a leak when crashing is significantly higher. I was also hoping that sliders protect the foot levers and fairings- am i expexting too much? Basically, i never wanna crash but if i do keep the damage to a minimum.

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
Same purpose but slightly different style. Top Block Racing do some incredibly sturdy frame sliders which bolt directly into the chassis, this is what I've fitted. However, looks like they don't do a set for the CBR though, must be one of the first products I've come across only available for the CB. See below:
EDIT 2.jpg EDIT 3.jpg EDIT.jpg

Last edited:

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
I put RSV ones on when i first got my bike in 2014.I think there are a lot better one"s out there
now.Daniel has a real nice set up.I don"t worry too much about my bike in a crash, only my legs
in a low side crash getting pinned under the bike.Get good insurance and your bike will be covered.
CBR6.jpg

bobstrax

CB650F ABS
Oct 1, 2017
Lincolnshire
If you’re set on getting these style sliders, the LSL ones sold by Spiegler look to be the least likely to bend in a wreck or have you hit your knees on while you ride. I’ve seen the long ones snap off engine mounting bolts and bend them to the point they need to be drilled out so those with the long bolts concern me.

However, I’d suggest looking at R&G case covers or simply looking at the price of the OEM Honda covers and deciding if it’s worth the added money if you drop the bike. Last time I looked, OEM clutch covers were around $45 and stater covers were $35 or so at a discount OEM vender which means you could replace them 3 times before the sliders were cheaper. And the plastic case savers are about the same price as the other slider units you’re looking at are.

GB Racing do some excellent case covers but they are very expensive. £175 for a 3 case set.

Erchael

MotoGP
Aug 19, 2017
Belgium
I went through the same questioning some time ago and chose both the lsl crash pads and the gb racing case covers : the lsl are, in my view, the most no-frills, simple and efficient pads of the three and perfect to protect the bike for day to day use. The gb case covers are expensive but are -from my point of view - the best protection you can get for track use ... and an added insurance for paranoid people like me who are on the road all- year round.

Somchai

CBR650F ABS
Jan 13, 2018
Thailand
I put RSV ones on when i first got my bike in 2014.I think there are a lot better one"s out there
now.Daniel has a real nice set up.I don"t worry too much about my bike in a crash, only my legs
in a low side crash getting pinned under the bike.Get good insurance and your bike will be covered.
CBR6.jpg

Was thinking about those as well. Very cheap, about 2000 Baht on Lazada.
It 's just a toppling protection. A crash at speed will heavily damage the bike anyway.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
2000 Baht is very cheap,mine cost 3000 baht.Why i got these at the time was because they have 3 mounting
points not 1 like so many sliders.So they would hold a lot better in a crash.

Top Bottom