• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Flooding

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
Just a tip shown to me by breakdown man when my bike would not start in my garage ( Optimate was showing orange light indicating weak battery even though it had been on charge )
Anyway, problem was flooding . Fully open throttle starting procedure for flooding did not work. So, take out 20amp FI fuel injection fuse from fuse box under seat and press starter button to spin engine over without injecting petrol for a while, then replace fuse and try to start engine. Needed to repeat this procedure several times but eventually with a cough and a splutter it started up. Easier than getting at spark plugs to remove them to dry them out.
ps Battery was tested and then found to be ok .

helman

CBR650F ABS
Oct 2, 2019
Australia
Just a tip shown to me by breakdown man when my bike would not start in my garage ( Optimate was showing orange light indicating weak battery even though it had been on charge )
Anyway, problem was flooding . Fully open throttle starting procedure for flooding did not work. So, take out 20amp FI fuel injection fuse from fuse box under seat and press starter button to spin engine over without injecting petrol for a while, then replace fuse and try to start engine. Needed to repeat this procedure several times but eventually with a cough and a splutter it started up. Easier than getting at spark plugs to remove them to dry them out.
ps Battery was tested and then found to be ok .
Thanks for the TIP.

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
This process is documented in the owners manual. Glad it got you out of a situation.
I knew the fully open throttle procedure for flooding was in the owner's manual but didn't know removing the f1 fuse procedure was mentioned.

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
repeat question of post #2...what was the root cause of the flooding?
Might have been something to do with some idiot trying to start the engine before removing a cork plug that was put in the exhaust to prevent the ingress of water while the bike was being washed. :oops:

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
ahhhhh, ok, gotcha ....was wondering if some deficiency or built in shortcoming in the fuel system. Plugged exhaust'll get ya everytime.

Top Bottom