• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650F Exhaust info? -Not like the old slip-on days...

baloo2650

CB650F ABS
May 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Riding Since
I took a quick look at the exhaust plumbing on my bike yesterday eve, whilst fitting the tail tidy. Seems like it's all one fully welded up piece. -I guess that's why I only see full systems for sale for $1k +/-
Going to have a better look this weekend, unscrew the covers, but my fabrication skills have been fired up. (I'm a tradesman, industrial mechanic, built race/rally cars, this is kid stuff...) Has anyone here looked at this further than
installing a purchased system? Please let me know. I'll post a build thread too, if I get into it... -Cheers

Last edited:

baloo2650

CB650F ABS
May 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Riding Since
Found the car muffler thread, an interesting read... Was about what I expected to find on a general forum.

Last edited:

baloo2650

CB650F ABS
May 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Riding Since
Before I look at power/cosmetic stuff, I'd like to swap out the stock dunlops that came with the bike. Maybe it's the cold temps this spring, but I'm not impressed at all with the D222's.
Wait and see how they are when the roads warm up... -sliding a bike is only fun when it's intentional.

baloo2650

CB650F ABS
May 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Riding Since
Upon further reading, research, etc. I think I'm just going to leave things the way they are. It's an easy rabbit hole to fall into (especially when getting into a new forum) - it starts simple - mess with the exhaust, then engine controls, re-mapping, etc.
It's not like there are huge power gains to be made without going all in anyway...
It's a pretty fun bike the way it sits, put some good rubber on it and ride.

Top Bottom