• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Chain adjusters.

Ghost

CBR650R ABS
May 22, 2019
Bristol, UK
Anyone know where these are from? Tried googling but no luck :/

I’d like to try the lightech ones for the cbr1000 as the swing arms look the same but £170 risk that I’d have to send them back.

Guy on YouTube had them fitted to his Cbr650r but is from Thailand so had to speak English to him.

Attachments

• 5BE5D1A0-1BEE-4902-95B6-ECB98E6A93F5.png
    5BE5D1A0-1BEE-4902-95B6-ECB98E6A93F5.png
    10.3 MB · Views: 80

Ghost

CBR650R ABS
May 22, 2019
Bristol, UK
I'm really curious to know what issue with the stock adjusters you are trying to overcome?

J

If I’m honest I’d like to use the bobbins on my pit stand rather then putting my abba stand all the time and if I do maintenance on the bike it just makes getting back quicker and easier same can be said just like different levers or an exhaust can or a different screen they all do the same job but differently. Question to you is why not? ;)

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Try aligning the forks/yolks.

Then with the front wheel straight, look at the bike/bars and see what's out.

It's possible you've knocked everything out of alignment without actually bending much.

J
If I’m honest I’d like to use the bobbins on my pit stand rather then putting my abba stand all the time and if I do maintenance on the bike it just makes getting back quicker and easier same can be said just like different levers or an exhaust can or a different screen they all do the same job but differently. Question to you is why not? ;)

Hey, your bike, your rules. 👍

Gotta agree on the dual-sided scales point... That would be useful.

J

Ghost

CBR650R ABS
May 22, 2019
Bristol, UK
Hey, your bike, your rules. 👍

Gotta agree on the dual-sided scales point... That would be useful.

J

Still quite new to all this as come from a heavy car mechanics back ground always taking engines and stuff apart as I was growing up so this is all new to me. I’ve see the lightech ones on sports bike Track and the guys raving about them. I am gonna look at a set of slicks and extra set of wheels for the bike next year to go on some track days so they may help with that. I’m gonna order some AliExpress ones and see what they come out like. :)

Ghost

CBR650R ABS
May 22, 2019
Bristol, UK
Stock adjusters don't have a scale on either side so it is near impossible to get perfect wheel alignment. I have recently purchased the following lightech ones from Aliexpress but am still awaiting delivery; https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000231003068.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5a294c4d7fpv1N

did you get yours yet? Mine were cancelled when posted. Seller was proper dodgy so ended up with a full refund. Guy seemed to lie about sending it and then never replied to any of my other messages.

ray

CBR650R ABS
Aug 30, 2019
Riding Since
ordered them got them and trashed them they look and feel why to cheap to install in such a crucial spot, plus like helman mentioned one of the bolts is to long, on the one i got the notch in the center of the shaft is missing on one side and one of the bolts on the other side was cross threaded so that's another issue. i would wait for something better or go with the simple ones that uses the original screw to adjust and have the spool thread on the back side.

helman

CBR650F ABS
Oct 2, 2019
Australia
ordered them got them and trashed them they look and feel why to cheap to install in such a crucial spot, plus like helman mentioned one of the bolts is to long, on the one i got the notch in the center of the shaft is missing on one side and one of the bolts on the other side was cross threaded so that's another issue. i would wait for something better or go with the simple ones that uses the original screw to adjust and have the spool thread on the back side.
There were two sellers on AliExpress who sold these. The quality of the ones I got is great. The only issue is the bolts being too long for the spools...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000231003068.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d1wVaNy

Top Bottom