• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650R 12,000 mile review article

Eaglemoto

CBR650R ABS
Jul 13, 2019
Riding Since
In this months Bike magazine (October issue). Nice article on their 12,000 mile review of the 650R. Reviewer could only find a couple of niggles, such as the clear screen scratching, dim dash and iffy welding on the clip-ons. One page had some nice summary info including 0-60mph time and other stats.

The 650R also made the top 10 of their best new bikes for the year, finishing in 9th.

20190907_132145[1].jpg

Last edited:

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
They mention the OEM tires being only ok, and how they only got 4K on the Rosso Corsa IIs. Try the Rosso IIIs If you are looking for a nice sport/sport touring mix tires. Tire life will be much better than the Corsa with very little difference in grip.

Redline Rossi

CBR650R ABS
Aug 9, 2019
Hampshire
Also an 8 or 9 page article in the october edition of ride mag. Also mentioned the average performing dunlops. I think they are fitting Metzeler M7RR for next months edition.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Tyre choice is weird from Honda.
I saw/read in a few reviews that the CBR R's are on the Dunlops and the CB R's are on Metzler tyres, which were universally considered to be the superior tyres. You'd expect Honda to go with the Metzlers on both or at least do it the other way around (Metzlers on the CBR).

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Just found this in Novembers edition of Ride mag:View attachment 4109
Metzelers are the way to go by the looks of things. Not totally unhappy with the dunlops, but this does seem pretty encouraging. I might try these in the near future.

An decent sport/sport touring tire will give the same ah ha! moment the Metzelers do. When I had my 650F I spooned a set of Bridgestone BT-21s I think it was, which were fantastic and transformed the handling of the bike.

The M7s are highly rated, but not really a “magic” bullet.

jerzy_bondov

CBR650F ABS
Sep 30, 2018
London
Interesting comment about the power on the Bike article - 85bhp feels like what I’d expect at the wheel (and what is likely to get pumped out on a dyno), whilst manufacturer claims are obviously at the crank.
Lack of clarity about the difference makes me worry about the journalism - either the journo doesn’t understand the difference or doesn’t care about illustrating it. Neither are great 🙈

Top Bottom