• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R Cb650r dash brightness?

Satilla

CB650R ABS
Feb 17, 2020
Has anybody figured out how to increase the brightness for the dash on these bikes? Service manual says to simply “press SEL” and it will adjust the brightness in 5 level increments. Doesn’t work for me. All it does is cycle through the different fuel mileage and time readings. I must be missing something.

Last edited:

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
Definitely missing a step man because I've done it on mine. I think you have to activate the menu before you start adjusting the brightness. Go back a page or two and see what you have to press first. Once you see the five links on the screen you know you're setting the brightness.

From the manual (mine is UK version).....
  1. Press and hold SEL and SET
  2. Press SET
The settings start at time format >Clock settings > Instruments > Backlight settings > Tripmeter and finally HISS indicator.

You have to cycle through them to get to the backlight settings.

Last edited:

Satilla

CB650R ABS
Feb 17, 2020
Definitely missing a step man because I've done it on mine. I think you have to activate the menu before you start adjusting the brightness. Go back a page or two and see what you have to press first. Once you see the five links on the screen you know you're setting the brightness.

From the manual (mine is UK version).....
  1. Press and hold SEL and SET
  2. Press SET
The settings start at time format >Clock settings > Instruments > Backlight settings > Tripmeter and finally HISS indicator.

You have to cycle through them to get to the backlight settings.
Thanks man. I’m an idiot. Deleting the thread now lmfao.

Top Bottom