• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650F Handlebars

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
Yes you'll have to drill them out or the switch housings won't sit properly, as above, 5.5mm drill bit if you have one. Only have one chance to get it right so take your time and you should be fine.

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
Yes you'll have to drill them out or the switch housings won't sit properly, as above, 5.5mm drill bit if you have one. Only have one chance to get it right so take your time and you should be fine.
I would love a set of those mirrors but too wide for my she'd 😞

Cb650fa

CB650F ABS
Jun 10, 2020
Riding Since
Pictures of the cables below:

View attachment 540

View attachment 541
Neatly brought together with 3 thin cable ties, a little slack in them for safe measure

x1, 5mm locating pin on the unit which houses the indicator & headlight switch.
View attachment 542
The pipe coming from the brake reservoir will be a driving factor in how you angle your bars. Since this needs to be able to flow freely and ultimately be level to display a correct reading, you'll also need to factor in the mirrors you use in terms of the distance this is fixed from the end of the bar.

x1, 5mm locating pin on the unit which holds the throttle cable.
View attachment 543

As I'm sure you can see, you can understand why it's a fiddly mod. But as I've said, since this is where all the hand controls are its nice to set them exactly where you like.

Off topic, but since you mentioned red accents aaronlukemarshall aaron, here's something I did last night.

View attachment 544

View attachment 545
I'm a bit late to the party...

Did you install bar inserts/vibration dampening cores too?
Looking To change my bars to Renthal Ultra Low but wouldn't want to have vibrations..

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
I'm a bit late to the party...

Did you install bar inserts/vibration dampening cores too?
Looking To change my bars to Renthal Ultra Low but wouldn't want to have vibrations..

No, they're already fitted to the ultra lows, they have a red rubber core. It doesn't fill the bar right to the ends though, leaves about 3 inches hollow at the bar ends.

NEONTITAN

CB650F
Sep 23, 2020
Riding Since
Hi Daniel,

Question; where did you buy your headlight ?

I've been looking for something like this but could never find anything online.

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
Hi Daniel,

Question; where did you buy your headlight ?

I've been looking for something like this but could never find anything online.
Got it from www.retrofitlab.com

It's a very tight fit, and fiddly to remove the lens too. You'll need a single H1 mini projector lens and all associated wiring. They sell kits you can buy which includes everything you need.

NEONTITAN

CB650F
Sep 23, 2020
Riding Since
THANKS CHAMP!

EDIT: I can't seem to find the option for a cb650f. What did you select?

Top Bottom