• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Bloody Kent Honda !!!!

JB's CB650R

CB650R
Jul 15, 2019
So took my bike k to Kent Honda today for the coolant pipe clamp replacement due to corrosion, after 1.5hrs the mechanic brought my bike out and told me that all was good, after about 5 miles of riding my radiator cooland decided to explode out of the top of my radiator and cover my brother who was following me. I pulled over and called Honda who turned up in a can after about 15 mins with a replacement smaller bike and took mine away stating that due to bank holiday weekend it wouldn't get looked at until Tuesday at the earliest. Basically it looks like the mechanic didn't ensure that the bike was up to running temp for the thermostat to open and that no air locks were present, my concern now is that the head may be warped due to excessive temps, bike was literally steaming like a kettle when I pulled over and although the overflow pipe at the bottom of the bike was pouring there was clearly a leak at the top of the road somewhere due to my entire angine being covered in coolant and water. Not impressed with this dealer.

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
That sucks! Yeah, I'd be raising Holy Hell with that dealership. It ain't your fault they hired an incompetent mechanic but it is THEIR problem!!!

Not sure how things work over in your country but tell them you want a WRITTEN guarantee that if your motorcycle is not the same as it was when you brought it in then you will receive a new bike. And I wouldn't ride it off the lot until you have that warranty in hand.

Keep us posted on the results after Tuesday.

BTW...what loaner bike did they give you?

JB's CB650R

CB650R
Jul 15, 2019
That sucks! Yeah, I'd be raising Holy Hell with that dealership. It ain't your fault they hired an incompetent mechanic but it is THEIR problem!!!

Not sure how things work over in your country but tell them you want a WRITTEN guarantee that if your motorcycle is not the same as it was when you brought it in then you will receive a new bike. And I wouldn't ride it off the lot until you have that warranty in hand.

Keep us posted on the results after Tuesday.

BTW...what loaner bike did they give you?
They gave me a cb500

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
May be smaller but it can still be fun! At least they gave you something. Many dealerships in my neck of the woods wouldn't give you jack! Maybe a ride home.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
After almost 5 years of riding my cbr650f 2014,i have never taken my bike to a honda dealer.The honda dealer in thailand where i live wanted me to travel 150km each way for each

service. So i never had warranty which is only 1 year nor did i have any major problems.These honda dealers in thailand also charge more than 3 times the going service price,

a real rip off.

Eaglemoto

CBR650R ABS
Jul 13, 2019
Riding Since
All for a rusty hose clip, insane. Must be gutting going in for a relatively simple fix and it turns into a nightmare. Look on the bright side, CB500's arent bad bikes and you will save quite a bit of fuel using it.

jerzy_bondov

CBR650F ABS
Sep 30, 2018
London
I'd be surprised if you'd warped the head to be honest - takes more than a coolant overpressure/eruption to do that. Chances are it'll be fine - doesn't make the experience and service any less atrocious though!

Ghost

CBR650R ABS
May 22, 2019
Bristol, UK
I would seriously look at asking for free future servicing or a massive good
will gesture for that monumental screw up.

Takes the shine off the brand new bike and also the inconvenience.

I’m having a ton of issues with my brand new cbr650r with a Honda dealer. It went it for vibration and weird noises and now my fairings don’t sit right and clips are snapped.. I may start doing work on my own bike like servicing and stuff as I just don’t trust dealerships to do the same quality of work I know I’m capable of.

JB's CB650R

CB650R
Jul 15, 2019
Got bike back tonight from Kent Honda, after all the trouble they’ve caused me not only didn’t I get an apology but they couldn’t even be bothered to give my bike a complimentary wash, absolutely appalling service and will be writing to Honda head office a very stern email regarding this branch dealership.

Eaglemoto

CBR650R ABS
Jul 13, 2019
Riding Since
Got bike back tonight from Kent Honda, after all the trouble they’ve caused me not only didn’t I get an apology but they couldn’t even be bothered to give my bike a complimentary wash, absolutely appalling service and will be writing to Honda head office a very stern email regarding this branch dealership.

I wouldn't be too keen to let them loose on cleaning the bike for you. When I got the 600 mile service done the dealer washed the bike down and left it covered in water. They must have used a jet wash as some water had found its way under the pillion seat cowl. I wasn't best pleased seeing as the bike has matt black paint and they had used tap water on it!
Did they explain what had happened?

JB's CB650R

CB650R
Jul 15, 2019
So wrote a stinking long email to Honda head office complaining of this dealers customer after sales car and general poor service, wait to see what comes back if anything.

The Earle

CB650R ABS
Feb 18, 2019
I’m pretty sure the bike will be fine, I’ve boiled over cars and bikes in the past and never damaged the head.
My old CBR600 did it a few times and was fine.

However I would not be best happy with what happened and would be putting in a complaint.

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
What The Earle said...unless you rode it for miles and miles afterwards I'm thinking the engine will be fine.

When I had my Kawasaki EX500, after changing all the fluids I took her out for a spin. I got about a mile down the road and smelled coolant. Thought maybe it was just a little that dripped on the engine somewhere when I refilled. Rode about another 1/2 mile...and I was, literally, covered in coolant!!! Everywhere - shoes, socks, pants, HELMET VISOR!!! Turned around and made it back to the house. The hose wasn't tightened enough and popped off. But the engine was hot from the few minutes I let it warm up (they're have a carburetor) plus the few miles of riding. Once corrected the bike ran like a top!

JB's CB650R

CB650R
Jul 15, 2019
after weeks of complaining i finally got somewhere, Honda Head Office contacted me and as a gesture of good will have arranged for a credit of £200 behind the counter in my next closest Main Honda dealer.

Top Bottom