Bikes & Semi's

baloo2650

CB650F ABS
May 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Riding Since
I was waiting for a left turn light at a busy intersection near home today when a really nicely built 18 wheeler came through also making a left from my right hand side. The rig looked sweet. Chromed out, super clean, white sheet metal and the frame was almost a burgundy. As he was coming into the intersection I had to give a thumbs-up / ok sign / etc. The pilot had his window coming down as he finished the turn and the smile on his face was priceless... I'm guessing he had spent a ton of time and $ on his truck and appreciated a bit of recognition.
As I think about that quick encounter a bit more I'm going to say that bike riders and truck drivers have more in common than you'd think. Both of our groups head out onto the roads and highways and are always at war with the oblivious folks behind the wheel of all those passenger vehicles. Both truckers and riders have to have the mindset where we can't let our guard down. I will say though that there's still a huge difference between sitting on a 500ish lb bike and being behind the wheel of a 110,000 lb tractor trailer.
I guess what this comes down to is please give those hard working folks behind the wheel of those machines that truly power our economy a thumbs up and a wave now and then. Thanks y'all!

baloo2650

CB650F ABS
May 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Riding Since
Thanks for the thumbs up miweber. All I can say here is to just leave folks alone. Shit is just sad these days... We have a lunatic, outspoken fringe group who think it's cool to impose their idealogy and beliefs on else here in the U.S.A.

Top Bottom