• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Akra Full System Install Questions

sp1d3r

CBR650R ABS
Apr 5, 2023
Riding Since
Can’t seem to get the extension to fit into the OEM connectors. Am I just being stupid or does this extension not work for the 22 model year?

image.jpgimage.jpg

sp1d3r

CBR650R ABS
Apr 5, 2023
Riding Since
Realized I don’t need the extension, but now I’m wondering if the exhaust is seated properly. Is there a good way to tell if the header pipes aren’t seated properly?

MotoDonner

CB650R ABS
Feb 10, 2021
Riding Since
Realized I don’t need the extension, but now I’m wondering if the exhaust is seated properly. Is there a good way to tell if the header pipes aren’t seated properly?
Don't see a way how you could make the pipes NOT seated properly.

Hope you used new copper gaskets

sp1d3r

CBR650R ABS
Apr 5, 2023
Riding Since
Don't see a way how you could make the pipes NOT seated properly.

Hope you used new copper gaskets
Yeah, put new gaskets in, was satisfying crushing them. The only header pipe I’m concerned about is this guy cause it looks like it might have been seated further initially. I had to take the header pipes out of the link pipe to fit everything. The bike runs fine.

image.jpg

sp1d3r

CBR650R ABS
Apr 5, 2023
Riding Since
Here are some more photos. I’ve never done an exhaust install. If someone could give me a thumbs up on this seating, I’ll forget about it. If it looks like it could be seated better, I’ll tear the fairings off and try again. If the bike runs fine is it even an issue anyway?

IMG_5229.jpegIMG_5214.jpegIMG_5229.jpegIMG_5227.jpegimage.jpg
This is the header pipe for exhaust port 1, see how it appears more flush? Not sure if it’s an issue that the others have a bit more space.

Goblin

CB650R ABS
Sep 2, 2019
Don’t worry to much, ride the bike for a little while and then check on the header you are not sure about for discoloration from leaking exhaust gasses (easily removed with autosol metal polish). What Brammers said about a flame or smoke is also a way to detect a leak.

sp1d3r

CBR650R ABS
Apr 5, 2023
Riding Since
That might start to boil quickly on the headers. Use a flame or smoke as that shows moving gasses easily.

J
I did the soapy water on a cold start and did not see any bubbles - exhaust wasn’t hot enough to evaporate the water for first 30 seconds or so. Honestly next time I have another excuse to work on the bike I’ll probably just reinstall it just for peace of mind, but I think it’s fine for now.

sp1d3r

CBR650R ABS
Apr 5, 2023
Riding Since
After about 300 miles I’ve noticed this stain around the seams of the exhaust, any thoughts? Is it just oil from the manufacturing process heating up and leaking out?

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Top Bottom