• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650F 2015 650f - remap options?

kingleoofanglia

CBR650F ABS
Jun 5, 2022
Lancaster
Riding Since
Evening all, I've had my 2015 650f 3 months. So far I've put a full SP Engineering decat system on and a k and filter, I've also blanked off the pair valves. I love the bike however I wish it had that little bit more power therefore I'm exploring my options, from what I read online the 650f can't be remapped so a power commander is the go to option, is this correct?

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Unless something has changed the 650f ecus aren't flashable. Pc-v is your way to go.

You get a nice bump in power/torque. It also opens the door to easily installing a quick shifter too.

We have a bunch of detailed threads on both subjects have a search on the forum.

J

kingleoofanglia

CBR650F ABS
Jun 5, 2022
Lancaster
Riding Since
Unless something has changed the 650f ecus aren't flashable. Pc-v is your way to go.

You get a nice bump in power/torque. It also opens the door to easily installing a quick shifter too.

We have a bunch of detailed threads on both subjects have a search on the forum.

J
I can't spend that much on the Power commander 5 so I might look at the Dynojet Fuel Commander instead

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
I can't spend that much on the Power commander 5 so I might look at the Dynojet Fuel Commander instead
If you’re looking for for more “power” you will not get much, if anything at all, from a power commander. It will be smoother, run cooler and possibly have a bit more kick in the midrange, provided you get a quality tune but there is very little extra power to be had from the 650.

If you want more go, sell it and get a 600RR. Seriously.

kingleoofanglia

CBR650F ABS
Jun 5, 2022
Lancaster
Riding Since
If you’re looking for for more “power” you will not get much, if anything at all, from a power commander. It will be smoother, run cooler and possibly have a bit more kick in the midrange, provided you get a quality tune but there is very little extra power to be had from the 650.

If you want more go, sell it and get a 600RR. Seriously.
Yea I've spent most of the day researching and your right, I'm not going to get the difference I want in power and it's not worth the expense

JRinKtown

CB650F
Jun 30, 2019

J
I may be misunderstanding the details of this, but I thought Woolich Racing made componentry that enables us to flash the ecu. Here is their product detail page for the poster's model: Woolich Racing USB K v3 Package
If you Google flashing cb650f ecu you'll see several links to flashing services for that ecu, along with dyno tuning the ecu.

I even had my 2021 crf300L Euro 5 compliant ecu flashed the other week.

kingleoofanglia

CBR650F ABS
Jun 5, 2022
Lancaster
Riding Since
I may be misunderstanding the details of this, but I thought Woolich Racing made componentry that enables us to flash the ecu. Here is their product detail page for the poster's model: Woolich Racing USB K v3 Package
If you Google flashing cb650f ecu you'll see several links to flashing services for that ecu, along with dyno tuning the ecu.

I even had my 2021 crf300L Euro 5 compliant ecu flashed the other week.
I have emailed Woolwich racing

kingleoofanglia

CBR650F ABS
Jun 5, 2022
Lancaster
Riding Since
Reply from Woolwich racing:

Hi Benjamin, your model can be remapped, there should be plenty of Dyno shops who can do this for you, where are you based in the UK?

I can suggest some tuners nearer to you?

If you purchase your own kit you will need either a dyno or a full logbox kit with wideband controller to map the bike properly as we do not supply pre made tunes.

Kind Regards

Rich

UK Support

JRinKtown

CB650F
Jun 30, 2019
Reply from Woolwich racing:

Hi Benjamin, your model can be remapped, there should be plenty of Dyno shops who can do this for you, where are you based in the UK?

I can suggest some tuners nearer to you?

If you purchase your own kit you will need either a dyno or a full logbox kit with wideband controller to map the bike properly as we do not supply pre made tunes.

Kind Regards

Rich

UK Support

Glad you got that sorted out. This should put the subject to rest. No problem getting a dyno tune and flashing the ecu. Let us know how it goes if you book a dyno tuning session. Flashing the ecu is a much better option than the piggyback devices like PC5, etc.

kingleoofanglia

CBR650F ABS
Jun 5, 2022
Lancaster
Riding Since
For reference, this was a reply from Dynojet when I asked what gains are possible with their Dynojet Power commander Fuel controller for a 2015 CBR 650f:

"From this bike I would typically expect to see improved throttle
response when coming back on the throttle, approximately a 10-15% gaini in the low rpm/throttle position ranges, improved mid-range drive and approximately a 2-4 bhp increase at peak.

Luke8188

CBR650F ABS
Jun 18, 2021
Riding Since
Had to delay getting the remap done as I was unwell but finally got it there yesterday. There is a video on YouTube of the results (link below).

On the ride home which was mostly motorway/dual carriageway I could notice it was much smoother on and off throttle at all speeds and it was much better at low speeds on roundabouts etc.

So far seems worth the money. I’ll update in a couple of weeks when had more time to get out on it.

Top Bottom