• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Removed the orange reflectors

sdmichael

CBR650F ABS
Feb 10, 2019
San Diego, CA
Riding Since
Yeah therefore you need to know if it’s legal or not. I’m not that worried about visibility at night, they don’t see me during the day so why bother at night. It’s always me who needs to drive defensive

Here in San Diego, California "they" means other motorcyclists. I'm not worried about cars hitting me. I'm worried about other MOTORCYCLISTS hitting me. They crash into cars here all the time. Still, I'd never suggest reducing whatever visibility items on the bike offer. Then again, I ride a bright red sportbike in full leather and seem invisible to many, motorcyclists included.

Goblin

CB650R ABS
Sep 2, 2019
My NC700SA 2012 didn’t had the reflectors. My Buell xb9 lightning 2008 had the vertical reflectors (I left them on because they were glued on). My Kymco motor scooter 2014 didn’t had them. My CBR1000RR 2012 don’t have the reflectors and my latest CB650R did, but I removed them. The older bikes that I owned didn’t had the reflectors.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
My NC700SA 2012 didn’t had the reflectors. My Buell xb9 lightning 2008 had the vertical reflectors (I left them on because they were glued on). My Kymco motor scooter 2014 didn’t had them. My CBR1000RR 2012 don’t have the reflectors and my latest CB650R did, but I removed them. The older bikes that I owned didn’t had the reflectors.

Did you buy them new? At least here in the US, side reflectors have been mandatory since the late 70s/early 80s though many people remove them right away. Bicycles are the same way.

Goblin

CB650R ABS
Sep 2, 2019
Did you buy them new? At least here in the US, side reflectors have been mandatory since the late 70s/early 80s though many people remove them right away. Bicycles are the same way.
Yes, Only the NC700SA I bought second hand from the first owner (friend of mine) and he bought it new without reflectors

Last edited:

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
I love a clean look (less is more) so I removed the ugly orange reflectors on the front of my bike. Because the brackets are also spacers of the front fender, I adjusted the brackets with a dremel and repainted them. the ABS sencor cable is also attached to the left bracket, so you have to pay attention to that. The result is a clean look (please note that it is legal in your country) 😇
View attachment 4029

I did the same but used a fork protector which came with a reflector sticker

Attachments

• Yamaha-Detailed-FZ09-Fork-Slider-2.jpg
    Yamaha-Detailed-FZ09-Fork-Slider-2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 10

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
My '16 CBR650F doesn't have them either.

Goblin

CB650R ABS
Sep 2, 2019
Yeah it’s really random that bikes come with or without reflectors (in the Netherlands it is mandatory). Not that they pay a lot of attention and you get a fine for not having reflectors (I personally never had one) they only ask for your driver license and registration certificate, if they pull you over and sometimes they checkout your exhaust. But I never had a ticket on my Buell either and it had a custom exhaust without db killer (actually just a straight pipe), it was loud as hell (way above the legal limit of the bike) 🙃

Top Bottom