Out of commission

Adamc

CBR650F
Jul 24, 2019
Been fighting some back problems. Herniated disc and muscle spasms have had me off the bike since last Monday. Pretty sure that seven hour ride had something to do with it. Really hope that it’s not an ongoing issue when riding this bike.

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Sorry to hear Adam. Are you doing physical therapy? Hope you heal up soon and can get back on the bike. Might be time to adjust some things other than your back - new seat, adjust the bars, maybe throw in a back brace...

One thing many of us forget, especially us "old guys", is to stretch before and after riding. Matter of fact it's good to be in shape for riding ANY motorcycle as we use muscles that aren't normally used the way we do on a motorcycle.

Adamc

CBR650F
Jul 24, 2019
One thing many of us forget, especially us "old guys", is to stretch before and after riding. Matter of fact it's good to be in shape for riding ANY motorcycle as we use muscles that aren't normally used the way we do on a motorcycle
Yeah I have a daily stretching routine and a few specific stretches I do prior to riding. Just going to give it time to heal a bit and adjust accordingly.

Dankotaru

CBR650R ABS
Jul 5, 2019
7000' ASL, USA
Been fighting some back problems. Herniated disc and muscle spasms have had me off the bike since last Monday. Pretty sure that seven hour ride had something to do with it. Really hope that it’s not an ongoing issue when riding this bike.
That sucks, man. Hope you get to feeling better soon. The F's riding position isn't terribly aggressive, but the seat could probably use some improvement. Maybe an air seat pad, or re-upholster with thicker foam? I've heard both can make a huge improvement on lower back comfort.

Top Bottom