• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650F hand grips

kamura

CBR650F ABS
Jul 21, 2018
Glasgow, Scotland
So next thing I'm planning to do with the bike is pop on some new grips. I find the stock ones quite slidey and I feel I need to grip fairly hard to keep the throttle on, it's not a huge deal but after a long trip I was starting to notice some discomfort in my right hand because of it.
Anyway what grips would you folks recommend, I know some people have issues with vibes but that's not been an issue for me I just need more grip.

kamura

CBR650F ABS
Jul 21, 2018
Glasgow, Scotland
Yea I had heated grips on my old bike and it's pretty nice. I probably will go down that road but if anyone else has a recommendation for non heated I'm all ears.

StephaneCBR

CBR650F ABS
May 23, 2015
Montreal, Canada
by the way, good luck when doing the throttle side, the plastic sleeve under the rubber oem grip has a lot a protruding blades around that are a pain to remove if you want to slide a new one; hope you have a Dremel tool.

Firebird

CBR650F ABS
Jul 27, 2018
Canada
Just a heads up, with aftermarket grips, our bike has an uncommon thing where the throttle tube has ribbing that generally needs to be filed down to install aftermarket ones, and this can create some issues. I had oxford heated grips on my bike and the throttle grip had to be re-glued 3 times and still kept slipping until I gave up and ordered the OEM Heated grips instead. Also, it wasn't like I installed the grips improperly because I had a licensed Honda dealership (that also sells and regularly installs those grips) do it for me. In my personal experience, the Honda OEM heated grips can't be beat for quality, safety, or looks. When it comes to comfort however, I don't have much experience there, except that the OEM grips are much nicer than the Oxfords in that regard.

kamura

CBR650F ABS
Jul 21, 2018
Glasgow, Scotland
Well I ended up going for a pair of soft Renthal grips and I'd 100% recommend changing your grips to anyone. Heated or not it lets you hold the throttle so much lighter than with stock. The throttle tube is a bit of a pain but it's not too bad.

Top Bottom