• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Do you guys do power wheelies?

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
Hey People :)
I did a power wheelie once when the bike was fairly new (broken in) back in 2019.
it was a chilly day in Toronto and I think I was carrying less than half a tank. I had no custom maps. Just the lovely Akra without baffle.

I don't seem to be able to do so anymore!
how about you guys?

Cheers,
Sam

Motojack

CBR650R
May 26, 2019
I must be carrying to much weight for power wheelies :D In all seriousness though I though if TC detects a mismatch in traction in either wheel to a certain level it would kick in? I have felt TC kicked in once or twic under heavy throttle usage alright :p

Otherwise to try and do power wheeleis I have to activly remeber to turn off TC and be trying to do them which I dont bother with myself.

JRinKtown

CB650F
Jun 30, 2019
I must be carrying to much weight for power wheelies :D In all seriousness though I though if TC detects a mismatch in traction in either wheel to a certain level it would kick in? I have felt TC kicked in once or twic under heavy throttle usage alright :p

Otherwise to try and do power wheeleis I have to activly remeber to turn off TC and be trying to do them which I dont bother with myself.
You have Traction Control? Us lowly 650F'rs have no such high tech wizardry. Well, except ABS of course. Power wheelie? Nah :)

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
The power to weight ratio isn’t ideal so unintentional wheelies are kinda tough. You’d almost have to want it or really grab throttle at the perfect time.

I was working on my old VFR 750 one day years ago and had all the bodywork off the front. I was pleasantly surprised how easily the front end came up with 30lbs off the front end and proably another 20lbs. off each side (there was a LOT of heavy bodywork on that bike).

Top Bottom