• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's CB650R paint

AndyNZL

CB650R ABS
Mar 10, 2022
Riding Since
Hey Team!!

Ok so I live in New Zealand and the CB650R Matte Jeans Blue Metallic is not available here (go figure!).

My dealership says they can get the paint from Honda and paint the tank of a Black 2021 they have in stock.

My questions/concerns are:
- Would you really not be able to make the difference with an original/Factory blue CB?
- What are the processes involved? Sanding?
- Which products are requires? Paint obviously but are there any other products necessary (so knowing, I can check if they know how to do it properly beforehand).

Thanks a lot!

Andy

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
See if you can buy a new tank and have it shipped. My bet is it will be the same or less than a repaint.

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
Hey Team!!

Ok so I live in New Zealand and the CB650R Matte Jeans Blue Metallic is not available here (go figure!).

My dealership says they can get the paint from Honda and paint the tank of a Black 2021 they have in stock.

My questions/concerns are:
- Would you really not be able to make the difference with an original/Factory blue CB?
- What are the processes involved? Sanding?
- Which products are requires? Paint obviously but are there any other products necessary (so knowing, I can check if they know how to do it properly beforehand).

Thanks a lot!

Andy
sanding, priming, painting, and sealing. I did not quite get your issue but Wrapping is another option!

or anything else!

Top Bottom