• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650F Yoshimura muffler - thoughts?

JohnStidham

CBR650F
Oct 23, 2018
Hi everyone, has anyone tried installing a Yoshimura muffler on the CBR650F? It is 2015.
I thought of getting a stock one or replacing the one I've got with an aftermarket one.
Then I saw one by Two Brothers and likes the price (around $600 with shipping, carbon fiber muffler). But then read, that there are several people who posted that their CF cracked on the muffler. Also, Two Brothers do not consider this a warranty case.
So I was looking for the alternatives, and saw a Yoshimura muffler which seemed a good solution for me. Yet, I did not manage to find any real reviews or comments on their mufflers at CBR650F bikes. That's pretty much why I decided to post here.
That's the Yoshimura muffler I considered for purchase https://www.motorcycleid.com/2015-h...ce-series-r-77-exhaust-system-1132796220.html
I appreciate any comments on this muffler....
Thanks,
John.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Yosh makes a good pipe, you won’t be disappointed in its build quality or fit. The big thing you lose, and I personally think it’s a huge deal, is the under engine muffler and instead get a side mount. To me the under muffler was a huge selling point, and to lose that changes the look of the bike.

As far as TBR goes, they have had issues with cracking CF in the past and still do to this day, though to a lesser extent. Thin CF, that’s how they get the price so low compared to other brands. However, a number of people here have them and love them, Brammers @Brammers is one, so you may want to still consider them and just keep an eye on the can and keep up on the repacking interval they suggest. That’s one of the main reasons their mufflers crack, heat, and why they don't warranty them.

JohnStidham

CBR650F
Oct 23, 2018
I appreciate your reply, miweber929 @miweber929. Yea, that's exactly what I thought of. Thin CF=poor heat resistance... First I liked the price, but looking into reviews I see, that some are lucky to get their muffler and say it was a great deal for the money, but I saw over a dozen of comments saying their muffler cracked, and that's not the warranty case. As I do not have much experience in motorcycle mufflers, decided to post here and ask your opinion prior to buying something that's not going to last...

Redshift.7

CBR650F
Sep 5, 2018
I had the full CF yoshi r77 on my 500r and it sounded fantastic. I considered putting it on my 650f because they sound so damn nice but i didn't want to lose oem under slung look. If you dont really care about the under slung look, the sound of the r77 will make you smile.

$_20.JPG

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
I too like to add, I have had my full carbon termignoni for 4 years now and in very hot conditions here in thailand and
it's been truly great and not repacked as yet.And it sounds great with the baffle out!

Top Bottom