• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650F WTF?!?!?!

KidCBR

CBR650R
Jul 6, 2021
Riding Since
So I replaced a scratched right side crankcase cover(right engine side. 14 bolts. Clutch cable bracket on it) I own a 2016 CBR650FA I believe. It has full fairings. Gun metal black one. Now the bike just cranks and wont start. I hear the fuel pump when I turn the key. I recently purchased a new crank position sensor because a mechanic said that had to be the issue. I put that on(under the right crankcase cover as well) And sealed it again and STILL NO START. I am going out of my god damn mind here. Havent bent corners or cheated the reaper in A MONTH. NEW GOD DAMN PIRELLI ROSSO 2 TIRES. On a side note I have never ran a Pirelli tire in 25 years. GRIPPY!!! I. NEED. HELP. PLEASE.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
So I replaced a scratched right side crankcase cover(right engine side. 14 bolts. Clutch cable bracket on it) I own a 2016 CBR650FA I believe. It has full fairings. Gun metal black one. Now the bike just cranks and wont start. I hear the fuel pump when I turn the key. I recently purchased a new crank position sensor because a mechanic said that had to be the issue. I put that on(under the right crankcase cover as well) And sealed it again and STILL NO START. I am going out of my god damn mind here. Havent bent corners or cheated the reaper in A MONTH. NEW GOD DAMN PIRELLI ROSSO 2 TIRES. On a side note I have never ran a Pirelli tire in 25 years. GRIPPY!!! I. NEED. HELP. PLEASE.
If I had to guess, the crank position sensor is in upside down. It's easy to do, because it looks in better when it's upside down and the cover still goes on, but if you look at where it lines up, it doesn't. Just a guess, but I'd bet that it the issue; VERY common on the CBR's.

KidCBR

CBR650R
Jul 6, 2021
Riding Since
If I had to guess, the crank position sensor is in upside down. It's easy to do, because it looks in better when it's upside down and the cover still goes on, but if you look at where it lines up, it doesn't. Just a guess, but I'd bet that it the issue; VERY common on the CBR's.
About to go out and have a go at it. This really feels like one of those "That BETTER NOT be the problem" kinda deals...

KidCBR

CBR650R
Jul 6, 2021
Riding Since
YOU SIR.... DESERVE A STATUE. If ya make it to Vegas I was serious about the beer :) Message this thread right here and let me know!! My beast roared to life!

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
YOU SIR.... DESERVE A STATUE. If ya make it to Vegas I was serious about the beer :) Message this thread right here and let me know!! My beast roared to life!
Let’s just say you are not the first, nor will you be the last, to do this!!! Why Honda continues to make them ”fit” either way is beyond me, but it’s beeen like this since the first 600RR in 2003.

Ask me how I know it fits upside down……

Glad its fixed :)

KidCBR

CBR650R
Jul 6, 2021
Riding Since
Let’s just say you are not the first, nor will you be the last, to do this!!! Why Honda continues to make them ”fit” either way is beyond me, but it’s beeen like this since the first 600RR in 2003.

Ask me how I know it fits upside down……

Glad its fixed :)
I had an 03 and 05 600rr. Beautiful machines :)

Top Bottom