Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CBR650F Will bike run too lean?? Lams

Splint

CBR ABS
Thread starter #1
Hey guys, I've got a Lams Aussie version and I was wondering if the bike would run too lean if I put an IXL pipe on it before I've got the ECU flashed and velocity stacks all done. I know these bikes generally run lean but I don't want to hurt the engine by sticking this pipe on and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this with the Lams version. I've had the pipe for a month (bike for 2 months) and I'm getting sick of the lack of power. I probably won't be doing the ECU etc for at least another month.
Thanks

miweber929

CBR
Mod
650F Alumnus
You should be fine as long as the other restrictions are still in place.

The pipe itself is not different between the LAMS and non restricted versions so I can’t see where you’d have an issue with installing it. It’s a 4 stroke motor regardless, they can run quite lean for a long time without any issues.

I’d say go for it!!!

Splint

CBR ABS
Thread starter #4
Just so all you guys know, I had to cut 12mm off the header pipe to line up the bolt holes for the silencer (IXIL L3X). And also a little slice off of the heat shield for the coolant bottle top up. But it fits perfectly now ..,

Splint

CBR ABS
Thread starter #5
But.. I think it'll run too leen so... Pulled the ECU and air bagging it off asap to Dynobike as their generic tune pretty much states around 86hp at the wheel. I'm pretty happy with that. A mate has given me his spare Gixxer to help me out. ...Scary AF... But fun...