• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Wheelies

Nich19

CB650F ABS
Feb 22, 2019
Got a non restricted 2018 cb650f, any advice on easy wheelies? Pretty cautious but I’m just curious.

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Yeah, don't do them!

I know, I'm an "old guy" but I watch these videos on people doing these wheelies down the highway. You're putting yourself and OTHERS in harm's way when you ride erratically.

Unless on a track then I say keep both wheels on the ground. Want to ride on one wheel, get a unicycle or a bicycle and have at it!

skeletor

CBR650F ABS
Dec 13, 2018
- There are a couple ways to do wheelies, some refer to them as "power wheelies" and "clutch wheelies"
- You will find instructions all over the internet
- Be prepared it is possible to dump your bike if you bring it down sloppy
- Please don't do it in traffic and make us all look bad

Adamc

CBR650F
Jul 24, 2019
I wouldn’t advise doing wheelies on that brand new bike. Or at all for that matter if you’re going to be riding out on public roads. I have a dual sport that I practice wheelies on in my back yard. Its about a square 1/2 acre of grass. . I do them on the dual sport because when riding trails it’s good to be able to get that front wheel up. I’d say get a cheap dirt bike and go practice them out in a field or somewhere off road because odds are you will end up dumping the bike a few times.

John

CBR650R
Aug 19, 2019
I'd recommend researching if there is a place near you that rents dirtbikes and practicing there. It's none of my business, but I'd also recommend you never do a wheelie in sight of anyone else unless on the dirt.

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
^ Precisely....take it off road if you must.

As every one of us riding on public highways is an ambassador of our sport (like it or not, we ARE) its incumbent on one and all to ride responsibly.
Witnessing stupid, immature, hazardous riders tactics.........auto drivers and authorities lump us all...good and bad....into the same barrel.

fnation25

CBR650R ABS
Dec 17, 2018
Do clutch wheelie, search on YouTube how to do it.
I advise you doing it at around 50km/h 1st gear.
Ride safe

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
No thanky.......I'm acutely aware of *abuse* of shock on the steering head bearings, when the front end pounds back down to pavement. I grimace just thinking about it. Quite to the contrary...I prefer to take care of my stuff rather than to hasten wear and tear.
Hey, when bike shopping...would you prefer to buy from a more mature owner or a "wheelie-boy"? Why's that?

Eaglemoto

CBR650R ABS
Jul 13, 2019
Riding Since
I don't know what it is, but in the part of the UK that I live, teenagers walking at the side of the road always gesture for you to pull a wheelie. Hardly surprising when most of them constantly ride their push-bikes on their back wheel. It is certainly a skill when you can hold one at will for as long as you like, but not worth it on public roads, not to mention wear on chain, sprockets and gearbox.

Top Bottom