• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Wheel Cleaner

Rossco

CB650R ABS
Mar 10, 2022
Riding Since
Morning folks,

Could I have some recommendations on some good wheel cleaners that would be safe on the paint on our wheels?
I have some I use on the car but I can't convince myself it wouldn't take to paint off.
Ideally I'm looking for something that's pretty 'hands off' as obviously there's not a lot of room to get in and work with our bikes (esp the back wheel)

Omen

CBR650R
Feb 13, 2022
Riding Since
Morning folks,

Could I have some recommendations on some good wheel cleaners that would be safe on the paint on our wheels?
I have some I use on the car but I can't convince myself it wouldn't take to paint off.
Ideally I'm looking for something that's pretty 'hands off' as obviously there's not a lot of room to get in and work with our bikes (esp the back wheel)
I use Pro kleen dragon blood ,
All I do is spray on leave it for 30 minutes and use a very soft soap pad to clean any stubborn bits, power wash off dry and then I apply Maguires liquid ceramic polymer with a soft cloth,
I find this method works really well and only time I really have to put hands on is after a chain clean

oni

CB650R ABS
Aug 23, 2021
Italia
I use a common degreaser in bottle mixed at 50% with water so that it is not too aggressive on the paint, spray on and leave for some minutes, than i clean the wheel with a soft cloth and finally rinse all with another clean soft cloth and simply water

Cláudio Nogueira

CB650R ABS
Jan 26, 2022
Portugal
Riding Since
I've been using regular car shampoo because I'm afraid to damage the beautiful wheels. Obviously it's not great but mine are usually not that greasy. :-(
In my cars I don´t care and use regular aggressive rim cleaners. Not in the bike. I wonder what would be a good and still safe product.
Motul has a specific one for wheel cleaning but I also eared stories of being to aggressive if left for "longer that in should" :-(

Top Bottom