• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Whats wrong with my 650?

Cláudio Nogueira

CB650R ABS
Jan 26, 2022
Portugal
Riding Since
Plus one satisfied.

Model from Aug. 21, with >16.000Km, with only basic maintenance.
The water pump replaced last year exhibits only oil moisture, don´t even clean it ;-)
It´s something I can live with no issues. Doesn´t loose a drop of coolant, so, it´s fine for me.
The original Dunlop’s only recently were replaced by a set of "cheap" Battlax BT-016 Pro.
Great bike. No plans to change bike in the years to come. I've been testing a few other nakeds and still didn´t found the bike that worth wasting the extra money.

20221105_165704.jpg

JesseStillwell

CBR650F ABS
May 16, 2018
I live in Thailand. Bought mine new in May of 2018 and broke it in hard.

Five years later and it doesn't burn hardly any oil, no leaks, and everything works without issue at 28,000km. I'm still on the stock battery. I have done a number of services. Oil twice a year. Replace radiator fluid and brake fluid once every 2 years. Going to change the chain and sprockets now despite the shop saying it's still okay to run a bit longer.

Only mod I have done is tank grips. Lame, I know. I think I will change the exhaust and block the pair valves this year.

enshiu

CB650F ABS
Mar 30, 2023
Riding Since
No problems except for , some aging issues, thermostat, broken fan fuse, camchain stretch issue at 81000mls. Replaced it and tensioner manual one now. Starts everyday like a Japanese ninja.

If you want a project bike a KTM, Triumph, any italian, Kawasaki or Suzuki might fit you better.

cus8mf.jpg

bIeLuc.jpg

Last edited:

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
going into my 6th season in '24.....original AGM battery, zero issues, starts, runs, accelerates perfectly. This Honda is a total winner, amazing lack of maintenance requirements with just 8900 miles (as I own 2 other street legal Ducati's)

Attachments

• horses2.jpg
    horses2.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom