• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Gear What helmet(s) do you wear?

Xorro

CBR650F ABS
May 17, 2016
Northants, UK
Riding Since
baugustine @baugustine h0ck3y @h0ck3y Thomas @Thomas

What do you guys think to your Qwest, is it as quiet as they say and are the vents easy to use? I'm not sure about the separate exhaust ports on the rear.

I currently have a Shoei GT-Air in white, the vents all work great and are easy to use. It will soon be time to change it and I don't use the sun visor as much as I thought I would and the Sharp rating is only 3/5 so I was considering switching to the Qwest.

For anyone considering a Schuberth, the O/H has an SR1. It's been really poor, the visor developed stress cracks around the pinlock pins and at the lift-up-tab thing. We've had 3 new visors under warranty and the same thing has happened to every one, the lift-up tab also fowled the eye port gasket to the point that it split. The whole lid went away and all they did was fit a plastic clip over the broken gasket.

Thomas

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Apr 8, 2017
Germany

What do you guys think to your Qwest, is it as quiet as they say and are the vents easy to use? I'm not sure about the separate exhaust ports on the rear.

I currently have a Shoei GT-Air in white, the vents all work great and are easy to use. It will soon be time to change it and I don't use the sun visor as much as I thought I would and the Sharp rating is only 3/5 so I was considering switching to the Qwest.

For anyone considering a Schuberth, the O/H has an SR1. It's been really poor, the visor developed stress cracks around the pinlock pins and at the lift-up-tab thing. We've had 3 new visors under warranty and the same thing has happened to every one, the lift-up tab also fowled the eye port gasket to the point that it split. The whole lid went away and all they did was fit a plastic clip over the broken gasket.
Well, that´s funny. Almost every review I saw said it´s unbearable loud inside past 80km/h. They say you really hear the wind. Can´t really compare it as it is my "first real helmet". So I don´t mind because I just don´t know it different. The vents are ok. The front bottom one really makes a huge difference. The front top one....well, a bit. And the rear ones I don´t really notice. Theoretically they should increase the airflow by quite a bit. But like I said, I don´t feel a difference. Maybe also because the full cloth mask I am wearing :bag:. Also a little tip: Don´t loose your windblocker for the chin area (not that difficult to loose). You will regret it. :rolleyes:
All in all I´m happy. Can´t say a thing regarding crash safety :banghead:- fortunately never had to test it.

Thanks for the Schuberth tip.

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA

Xorro @Xorro , I don't have much to compare it to, so my comments may be worthless, but...I like the fit of the helmet, construction is top notch and the visibility is excellent. It is not quiet, at least what I would consider quiet. I see videos on YouTube of guys talking while riding with no real wind noise. I doubt I could do that. Anything over 50 mph definitely has substantial wind noise. I use ear plugs (discussed in another thread somewhere) if I am going on the Freeway for any length of time, and that really helps. The ventilation system works well, and my head never gets overheated, even in hot, summer days.

I would recommend you try one for a week and see how it fits, and how much wind noise you can tolerate. Nothing but praises for Shoei quality otherwise.

h0ck3y

CBR650F ABS
Feb 6, 2015
Ontario, Canada
A little late for the party here, but I'm on my second Qwest helmet and mostly because I did test it on a high-side crash on an older bike (and it worked perfectly at keeping my noggin' safe). Like others, I can't comment too much on how quiet it is because I'm not that familiar with other helmets and I also always ride with ear plugs. As far as ventilation goes, I like the setup of the vents and find it does keep things cool on hot humid days.

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
United States / Northern KY
Riding Since
A little late for the party here, but I'm on my second Qwest helmet and mostly because I did test it on a high-side crash on an older bike (and it worked perfectly at keeping my noggin' safe). Like others, I can't comment too much on how quiet it is because I'm not that familiar with other helmets and I also always ride with ear plugs. As far as ventilation goes, I like the setup of the vents and find it does keep things cool on hot humid days.
Can't find fault in that logic. Sounds like you have exactly what you need & want!

Xorro

CBR650F ABS
May 17, 2016
Northants, UK
Riding Since
I tried the NXR, it was quite nice except that the ear-holes didn't line up with my ears and the top of the helmet pressed on my forehead, so I opted for another GT-Air. I've gone for one with some colour this time:

Shoei-GT-Air-Weiss-215678_410_FR_2017.jpg

Attachments

• Shoei-GT-Air-Weiss-215678_410_FR_2017.jpg
    Shoei-GT-Air-Weiss-215678_410_FR_2017.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1

Jonathan

Amateur
Jul 27, 2017
Bridlington
I have a Shark Skwal and a Shark Openline... the latter being wired for microphone for my Drift.

I've vaguely toyed with the idea of a Shark Raw... any thoughts?

fergard

CBR650R ABS
Apr 20, 2018
Germany
Riding Since
Shoei GT-Air Dauntless for me, in a nice black/white color.
Pretty happy with it, very comfy and silent.

61YmPjffWqL._SX342_.jpg

Top Bottom