• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Gear What gear are you currently using?

Adamc

CBR650F
Jul 24, 2019
I’ve got a Scorpion 950 modular helmet. I love that thing on hot days because when waiting in traffic. I can flip it up from around my face to get some air. I’ve got two hi viz green Icon jackets one is mesh, the other is leather, Icon gloves, shoes are speed and strength high tops, and some off brand Kevlar lined jeans.
Two summers ago I was riding to work on a victory cross country bagger I had at the time. I was getting on the high way on a cloverleaf entrance ramp doing about 45 mph and hit some gravel and ate shit. I was wearing those Kevlar jeans and those speed and strength riding shoes with two T-shirts and a different scorpion modular I had then. When the bike slid out I tried to right it and the back tire caught traction and bucked me off the seat on to a lane divider that separated traffic from cars exiting the highway. I landed on my back and smacked the side of my helmet good enough to put a nasty divot in it, my jeans got a few small rips in the heavy denim but the Kevlar reinforcement is still intact and I wear them to this day. And my shoes, had they been my regular vans my left ankle would have been ugly but they did their job too. I got a little road rash on my shoulder but it was minimal. I did sustain a mild concussion and some bumps and bruises but that was the extent. If I wasn’t wearing my helmet it would have been ugly. The squad came and took me to the hospital and the trauma nurse was asking me questions, my head was just beginning to stop spinning to where I could focus on what just happened and I looked at my pants and shoes and helmet on the table across from the bed I was in. It all happened so damn fast up until that point but all I could think of at that point is that, that riding gear did it’s job.

Dankotaru

CBR650R ABS
Jul 5, 2019
7000' ASL, USA
Rev'It Vapor 2 jacket: A really good all-around jacket. Vents well with all the zippers open, and then it's waterproof with all the zippers closed. No liners to worry about zipping in when the weather gets bad, and it's CE-2 armor in the shoulders, elbows, and back. The cut is a bit odd- tight in the arms and baggy in the body, but I would recommend it for anyone seeking a do-it-all four seasons jacket. I have decided, though, that a summer mesh jacket will be worth the investment, and plan to keep the Vapor 2 for 3-season use.
IMG_20190802_150313656.jpg

Rev'It Commuter overpants: Good armor, and very heavy material. I have no doubt they will protect in a slide. Waterproof, and comfortably covers my work khakis when I commute. No venting, though, so I don't wear them on long rides in the summer because swamp ass is a real thing.

An older HJC helmet: I'm still looking for something better that I like. I'm leaning towards a new Shoei RF1200 because it fits my head like a glove, but the UK SHARP test isn't as good as I'd like.

Alpinestars SP-2 v2 gloves: Love these gloves. I wear them year round. I have a lighter pair or mesh Alpinestars gloves that I should sell, because I never use them anymore.
IMG_20190802_150354438.jpg

TCX Street Ace shoes: Very comfortable, with toe and ankle protection. Very happy with them.

Last edited:

Hottep6153

CB650F ABS
Apr 10, 2019
Germany
Helmet: Shoei NXR with photochromic visor
Pants:Alpinestars Motegi V2 Leather - Upgraded with Alpinestars Nucleon Race KR-HR Level 2 Hips- Protector
Jacket: Alpinestars Motegi V2 Leather - Upgraded with Alpinestars Nucleon KR-CI Chest- Protector
Backprotector: Alpinestars Nucleon KR3 (with integrated rib protectors)
Shoes: Alpinestars SMX-6 V2 Drystar Motegi V2 Leather
Gloves: Held Phantom II

McGrumpy

CB650R ABS
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
The new gear arrived. :chicken:

Helmet: O'Neal Challenger Flat Black (Fidlock Buckle 😍)
Heatset: Sena 3S-W (it is sooo small😍)

Jacket: Berik Sportivo
Pants: Berik Misle
Gloves: Berik Track
Shoes: Berik Losail

IMG_20190908_134916_583.jpg

Last edited:

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Would love to buy a 2 piece leather suit some day.
That day is today 😅
Went out to buy a helmet for my girlfriend at this large moto store not far from where I live. They had massive discounts on a lot of stuff (we bought her a €179 HJC helmet that was discounted to €98) and I used the opportunity to get tempted into buying a (heavily discounted) Alpinestars leather riding suit.
IMG_20190929_171830959.jpg

victorkkq

CBR650F
Oct 30, 2018
Knowing the importance, I spent a very huge chunk of my budget on protection.
I think I am a Dainese fanboy.. With my half baked skills, wearing the Speed Demon logo feels faster.. haha :D

Attachments

• Dainese race suit CBR650F.jpg
    Dainese race suit CBR650F.jpg
    725.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Dainese Racing Voloster 1 Piece Proferated Suit White-Black-Skyblue.jpg
    Dainese Racing Voloster 1 Piece Proferated Suit White-Black-Skyblue.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 41
  • Dainese Steel-Pro-Gloves-Black Anthracite.png
    Dainese Steel-Pro-Gloves-Black Anthracite.png
    326.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Dainese Axial-D1-Air-Boots.png
    Dainese Axial-D1-Air-Boots.png
    520.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Dainese Pro-Armor-Back-Long.jpg
    Dainese Pro-Armor-Back-Long.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

victorkkq

CBR650F
Oct 30, 2018
My street riding gear..

Attachments

• Dainese Street Riding CBR650F.jpg
    Dainese Street Riding CBR650F.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Dainese Archivio Black Ace.jpg
    Dainese Archivio Black Ace.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 43
  • Dainese MIG-C2 Glove Black Black.jpg
    Dainese MIG-C2 Glove Black Black.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 25
  • Dainese Street-Biker-Air-Carbon-Dark-Red.jpg
    Dainese Street-Biker-Air-Carbon-Dark-Red.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Dainese Pro-Armor G1 Black.jpg
    Dainese Pro-Armor G1 Black.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Oxford Super Sliderz Kevlar Jeans.jpg
    Oxford Super Sliderz Kevlar Jeans.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Dainese Knee V E1 N Guards.jpg
    Dainese Knee V E1 N Guards.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 27

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Bought new boots: Alpinestars SMX 6 v2

2223017-13-fr_smx-6-v2-boot-web_1.jpg

Ego Zarolho

CB650R
Dec 9, 2019
LS2 Vector Evo helmet; Rev'it Safari 3 jacket; Rev'it Hydra 2 H20 gloves; Forma Elite boots; (Levi jeans and Decathlon thermal underpants); Alpinestars Charge backpack.

xolak

CBR650F
shoei rf-1200
alpinestars jacket (not leather, that one doesn't fit anymore)
alpinestars gloves
I am looking into boots but locally I have a selection of maybe 15 different pairs and I need a slightly wider fit.
I've never ridden with leg protection. Went without a jacket for the last couple years, even.

Robbymag

CBR650F ABS
Oct 24, 2019
Not much good for you but alt-berg over here make boots for the military and police made to measure love mine. Police Bikes them 👍

CBJojo650RRR

CBR650R ABS
Apr 26, 2020
Riding Since
  • Helmet: Shoei GT-Air
  • Jacket: Dainese Delmar Pelle and Alpinestars SP1 Airflow | D3O armour
  • Gloves: Held Titan
  • Pants: Draggin jeans and RST leather pants
  • Shoes: Alpinestars Fastback V2

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
CBJojo650RRR @CBJojo650RRR overall comments on your Shoei GT-Air? I bought one three years ago. Love the styling, fit and materials. Definitely high end, but it sucks at air flow. I even drilled additional holes in the top front vent. I relegated it to my winter gear and just bought a Scorpion 1400 from Chromeburner in the Netherlands. Flows way more air and is really nice. Not the same quality of materials as the Shoei, but half the price.

Curious your experience with it.

1BA99967-7779-4799-807A-415DD13A3073.jpeg

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
May want to check out the new RHPA 11 Pro Carbon helmet. I watched the video and it has some extra air vents, pin lock and comes with tinted and clear visor! If it's anything like my RHPA 70 then I may pull out my credit card after this summer!

1599097495936.png

CBJojo650RRR

CBR650R ABS
Apr 26, 2020
Riding Since
CBJojo650RRR @CBJojo650RRR overall comments on your Shoei GT-Air? I bought one three years ago. Love the styling, fit and materials. Definitely high end, but it sucks at air flow. I even drilled additional holes in the top front vent. I relegated it to my winter gear and just bought a Scorpion 1400 from Chromeburner in the Netherlands. Flows way more air and is really nice. Not the same quality of materials as the Shoei, but half the price.
Curious your experience with it.
It's been great. But it being my first helmet - can't say I have any other frame of reference. It was a bit narrow on the side causing pressure points to my temporalis after roughly 1 hour of wearing. It's great now after a minor persuasion to the EPS with the back of a spoon and removal of ear pads.
As for airflow, I feel like there's actually too much, especially through the chin vent. I find myself closing it often in sub 15°C. I would love a quieter and lighter helmet however I think these characteristics usually come hand in hand.

Jluu

CB650R ABS
Jul 21, 2019
Just got some new stuff this week. Dainese is having a sale directly from their site. Strange each country you select has different levels of discount. I got a lot of their Settentadue (Dainese72) for 70% off in Canada (USA only had 30% off and both charging USD currency). Free shipping. Haven't had to pay duties when it arrived.

Patina72 jacket
Atar Tex Pants
Arai RX-7X (Japan model) from MaxMcDirect.

IMG_20210310_122107867.jpg

Procrastomorrow

CB650R ABS
Aug 6, 2021
Riding Since
What's up team!

- Shoei gt air II with built in sena comms (best helmet ever, amazing wind control, it cuts through wind on the highway with zero pressure on your neck)
- Joe rocket great white north riding jacket

Looking for some versatile riding boots if anyone has suggestions.

Procrastomorrow

CB650R ABS
Aug 6, 2021
Riding Since
Winter, summer, ventilated, waterproof, full, shorty, etc? What is your main use?
Versatile, warmer weather (I'll sock up for cooler weather), shorty... Doing some longer tours and all I pack are flip flops and I wear riding boots the rest of the trip. Typically I've just worn aldo lol.

Top Bottom