What else are you into apart from bikes?

RoadSafeRider84

CB650F ABS
Jun 13, 2018
For me the things I talk about more than bikes are football and family. Sounds tripe but my daughter is first, everything else second.
👍🏽👐👏🏾 totally with you, my boys come first above everything, used to then be gym but that has gradually given way to spend more time with my mischevious, cheeky funny two lads. Its cliche but so true that tjey grow up so fast, weve had some long days and nights but the years fly by!!!IMG_20181007_121144_350.jpg

Last edited:

tandi_1984

CB650F ABS
Jun 25, 2018
👍🏽👐👏🏾 totally with you, my boys come first above everything, used to then be gym but that has gradually given way to soens more time with my mischevious, cheeky funny two lads. Its cliche but so true that tjey grow up so fast, weve had some long days and nights but the years fly by!!!
Same age, same bike, same thoughts. Great minds and all that. We’re still in the stage of long nights occasionally, I just can’t wait until I can combine loves and take her out on a summer ride.

baloo2650

CB650F ABS
May 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Riding Since
I enjoy heading out for a nice hike on occasion. Did 1100 miles on the PCT last summer. Mexico to Lake Tahoe.IMG_1723.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1907.JPG
    IMG_1907.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 5

Junior J

CB650F ABS
Jan 19, 2018
Glasgow, Scotland
I have always loved my cars had some nice ones mainly Italian performance hatches/ saloons so got good with tools and learned never trust a dealer. Currently have a Suzuki Swift Sport - it's a hoot to drive small a little underpowered but can rag it everywhere and it loves it bought mainly as needed 5 door car as help care for my dad and have done for a number of years.
I'm still in martial arts JKD and Kali and told by others fairly proficient, got to 2nd degree black belt in tae kwon do too, go to gym as need to for back injury and if don't start seizing up so good motivator. That's about it apart from bikes love music but really eclectic tastes from EDM to classics and everywhere in between.

Rob_CBR14

CB650F ABS
Jun 12, 2019
Cars (Right now though my car is a boring Toyota Mirai), Photography, Fitness, Movies, Video Games

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Time for me to chip in...

Canal boating, when I get the chance... Lovely change of pace when max speed is 3mph.

And more frequently model railways (or railroads for our westerly friends).

Specifically OO gauge (close to HO for the Americans).

Current WIP:
20190703_203007.jpg

J

Dankotaru

CBR650R ABS
Jul 5, 2019
7000' ASL, USA
I'm a gearhead at heart. When I was 18 I bought a '78 Scout II as my first project vehicle / daily driver. It was a great truck to learn how to wrench on, because there was tons of room to work and everything was pretty simple to repair or replace. I swapped the stock 304 with a 345, put in a new old stock camshaft, and cleaned up a spread-bore 4 barrel intake from a 392 school bus I found in a junkyard. Fuel was handled with a Rochester Q-Jet. I cleaned and painted almost everything in the engine bay, replacing parts one at a time as I could find them. My future wife and I did a road trip from Colorado to Portland, OR and back for a summer job, and it was a slow but fun highway traveler. Thankfully gas was less than a $1/gal back then.

I was into Jeeps and Scouts and rock crawling for several years, but then I bought a 2001 Sentra SE with a SR20DE engine as a more practical daily. Turns out, that engine had some performance chops and there was a huge after-market for it. I got into modding that car a bit, started autocrossing, and eventually sold it to buy a 350Z, which I tracked with the SCCA and NASA for about 9 years. With my growing family I eventually traded it in for a more practical Golf R, which I played with a for a spell, but I never really liked it that much. So, I sold it and went back to RWD a few years ago with an FR-S. I loved the lightweight chassis and excellent handling, but the engine sounds like a tractor and isn't that exciting. It was an absolute joy to flog around an autocross course or a racetrack (not so much the dragstrip...), and with a large aftermarket, plenty of mods to keep me busy when I wasn't whipping it around some turns.

About three years ago my wife bought me my first motorcycle as a Christmas gift. I had always been interested in bikes. Motorcycles seemed like the ultimate expression of everything I loved about lightweight cars. I sold the FR-S about a year ago and have just the motorcycle now, which was recently upgraded to a CBR650R. So naturally, I'm looking forward to wrenching on it whenever I'm not too busy with family life, home repairs, landscape work, and bow hunting in the fall.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Oh yeah, multiple women in my life as well.
I mean, every day is a joy with my lovely girlfriend, but especially these 8 and 2 year old monsters running around my house who just love to terrorize their 6 year old brother are intense. It's a blast 👍

Adamc

CBR650F
Jul 24, 2019
I live in the city, but I drive out an hour and a half, I’ve got 3 acres that attaches to 80 acres of Wayne National Forest. I love to go out there and camp, ride my Crf250l on the trails, drink beer, basically do whatever the hell I want to do. Peace and quiet with my wife and the dogs.

Attachments

• 8B343279-9CE3-43A5-9B4F-4F29F948A22A.jpeg
    8B343279-9CE3-43A5-9B4F-4F29F948A22A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 2B73BE03-5702-4E02-A3B3-50FA51ECFC12.jpeg
    2B73BE03-5702-4E02-A3B3-50FA51ECFC12.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • BECB86E3-DB0A-4AC9-95AB-82C72BEDCBF0.jpeg
    BECB86E3-DB0A-4AC9-95AB-82C72BEDCBF0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 10

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
ride my Crf250l on the trails

How do you like your CRF? I just sold my ‘04 WR450F to get a tamer DS, I had the 450 barely plated but it was a bit (ok, a lot) much for what I planned to do off toad moving forward, and debated between a CFR250L, 250L Rally and a WR250R. A ‘10 WR250R with 400 original miles showed up on Craigslist just as I was ready to sign for either a ‘19 WR or a new leftover ‘17 250L a local dealer has so I decided to snap that up. Love the bike but the previous owner rode it in the winter and what looked like minor corrosion on a few parts had turned into annoying corrosion everywhere I’m trying to get off. It was half the cost of a new but but I’m currently $600 into all new fluids, filters and tires, plus the bars, skid plate, hand guards and blue billet bling ive stuck into it.

I originally wanted the CRF but everywhere I read said how heavy, short and low powered it was and that the WR was a much better off road mount with more power if you were tall enough to ride it. Since I am tall, and my previous dirt bikes were a CR250R and the WR450 I went the “safe” Yamaha route but still wonder if the CRF wouldn’t have been just fine. Curious what other dirt bikes you’ve ridden and your experience with it has been.

The other thing I like about the 250 is the ability to have the wife jump on back and run down to the store or just putter around when we are camping. I’m ordering a Seat Concepts seat in the next few weeks and the bike will be done at that point. Surprising how well the little guy pulls my wife and me around, such a blast.

Love dual sports, and it had been a few years since I had a true factory model and the last few I did have were a KLR650 and XR650L, neither were small, light or agile. The WR is all if that.

Adamc

CBR650F
Jul 24, 2019
How do you like your CRF? I just sold my ‘04 WR450F to get a tamer DS, I had the 450 barely plated but it was a bit (ok, a lot) much for what I planned to do off toad moving forward, and debated between a CFR250L, 250L Rally and a WR250R. A ‘10 WR250R with 400 original miles showed up on Craigslist just as I was ready to sign for either a ‘19 WR or a new leftover ‘17 250L a local dealer has so I decided to snap that up. Love the bike but the previous owner rode it in the winter and what looked like minor corrosion on a few parts had turned into annoying corrosion everywhere I’m trying to get off. It was half the cost of a new but but I’m currently $600 into all new fluids, filters and tires, plus the bars, skid plate, hand guards and blue billet bling ive stuck into it.

I originally wanted the CRF but everywhere I read said how heavy, short and low powered it was and that the WR was a much better off road mount with more power if you were tall enough to ride it. Since I am tall, and my previous dirt bikes were a CR250R and the WR450 I went the “safe” Yamaha route but still wonder if the CRF wouldn’t have been just fine. Curious what other dirt bikes you’ve ridden and your experience with it has been.

The other thing I like about the 250 is the ability to have the wife jump on back and run down to the store or just putter around when we are camping. I’m ordering a Seat Concepts seat in the next few weeks and the bike will be done at that point. Surprising how well the little guy pulls my wife and me around, such a blast.

Love dual sports, and it had been a few years since I had a true factory model and the last few I did have were a KLR650 and XR650L, neither were small, light or agile. The WR is all if that.
Yeah, I love dual sports too they are super fun. And I love my Crf250l . Maybe because I know what To expect out of it. It’s a little heavier than the wr250 and it’s not as fast as the wr either. I’m not an experienced off road rider so I’m not hammering it when I go trail riding but I do push my limits so that I can get better as a rider. I will never be able to outgrow the capabilities of the Crf. I’ve seen guys tearing it up on the Crf250l in the dirt though. Doing power wheelies, jumps all kinds of shit that I can’t do but it’s not because my bike isn’t capable it’s just because my skill level off road is not there. As far as in town puttering around the Crf is an awesome ride. It’s pretty light and nimble and quick enough to whip through traffic. The seat height is perfect for me at 5’10” I can’t flat foot it but it’s never been an issue because the bike is not heavy. I have a seat concepts seat on mine as well and it looks awesome and feels really comfortable especially on long rides. As far as the rally is concerned, I love the look of that damn thing. If only Honda elected to put the same engine in it as it puts in the rest of the 500cc lineup I would have bought one as soon as they hit the market. But they didn’t. Anyways, I love the look of the rally and it has more ground clearance than the Crf and a bigger fuel tank so it will get you farther.

Attachments

• 1537C8D7-1839-4615-9FAB-6B804C5A0C63.jpeg
    1537C8D7-1839-4615-9FAB-6B804C5A0C63.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 5864B35F-AD32-4D14-8702-FF159E8072DC.jpeg
    5864B35F-AD32-4D14-8702-FF159E8072DC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6

Wayne p

CBR650F ABS
Oct 19, 2019
Liverpool
Riding Since
Been ridding motorcycles from 1976 , Had Opel Mantas , Ford Capri,my 3 cortina, VW Corrado
Just sold my last Manta and 1200 bandit,that’s why l am looking to get a CB650F, something a lot lighter

Attachments

• 8ADC80CA-19B4-43F4-91B3-D40E0EBA4DF8.jpeg
    8ADC80CA-19B4-43F4-91B3-D40E0EBA4DF8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 6
Top Bottom