• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's What did you do with your 650 today?

Dontpush

CB650R ABS
Mar 8, 2020
Riding Since
They look great! They really are a lot smaller but look every bit as bright. Nice!
đź‘Ť Much brighter... painful to look directly at them if you're closer than 10ft or so, haha.

Note, for anyone who has a tail tidy: the Rizoma mounting plates did not fit in the Evotech tail tidy even though they are both fitted to handle the stock signals. It was so close but because evotech punched their holes a few mm smaller than the stock fender, it wouldn't line up.

I ended up taking the stock mounts (just the rubber grommet) and flipping it, and it actually worked pretty nicely.

Attachments

• PXL_20201107_213823451~2-01.jpeg
    PXL_20201107_213823451~2-01.jpeg
    628.8 KB · Views: 28

Goblin

CB650R ABS
Sep 2, 2019
đź‘Ť Much brighter... painful to look directly at them if you're closer than 10ft or so, haha.

Note, for anyone who has a tail tidy: the Rizoma mounting plates did not fit in the Evotech tail tidy even though they are both fitted to handle the stock signals. It was so close but because evotech punched their holes a few mm smaller than the stock fender, it wouldn't line up.

I ended up taking the stock mounts (just the rubber grommet) and flipping it, and it actually worked pretty nicely.
Are you also going to replace the stock front indicators ? The Rizoma’s look great. Did you need to install a new relay to prevent hyper flash?

Danny Linguini

CB650R
Apr 26, 2020
Riding Since
First oil change! Pretty sad that it took me 6 months to hit 600 miles, but there it is. Also finally fixed my Kriega drypack to the Bagster seat. And the weather is beautiful today, which is a bit shocking since only a week ago there was 4” of heavy wet snow on the ground, so I went out for a little toot. Really nice day for a ride ... in November!

Oh yeah, also gave the chai a quick lube while it was up on the stand.

Last edited:

Dontpush

CB650R ABS
Mar 8, 2020
Riding Since
Are you also going to replace the stock front indicators ? The Rizoma’s look great. Did you need to install a new relay to prevent hyper flash?
Yes to the front. I have the indicators already but the wiring adapters are out of stock everywhere, so I'm going to just solder the connections myself as it's only two wires...not worth waiting for the adapter.

No relays. The indicators come with resistors if your bike doesn't have stock LEDs though. Not needed on the cb650r, just plug and play.

You do lose the running lights but I'm not worried about that as I have AUX driving lights installed already.

OkiCB

CB650R ABS
Sep 23, 2019
Okinawa, Japan
How long are those suckers from the mounting point on the tail to the tip? I was thinking about these so I can run my tail tidy and my saddlebags as the stock indicators stick out a wee bit too far to clear the mounting brackets.
Also, whats the area looking like from the LEDs themselves? I need at least 3cm^2 for legal reasons :rolleyes:

Dontpush

CB650R ABS
Mar 8, 2020
Riding Since
How long are those suckers from the mounting point on the tail to the tip? I was thinking about these so I can run my tail tidy and my saddlebags as the stock indicators stick out a wee bit too far to clear the mounting brackets.
Also, whats the area looking like from the LEDs themselves? I need at least 3cm^2 for legal reasons :rolleyes:
indicators measure 62mm / ~2.4in from the tip to where it meets the the tail

Last edited:

Dankotaru

CBR650R ABS
Jul 5, 2019
7000' ASL, USA
Went through the drive through for the first time. Figured what the hell. We're likely to close down dining rooms soon, so drive-through or delivery will be the only way to get some fast grub, might as well see how the drive-through goes on a bike. Wendy's has their two for $5 deal going on, so I ordered two spicy chicken sandwiches. I asked them not to bother with the bag, and they passed them out the window on a tray. I just put one in each jacket pocket and took off back to the office. I definitely got some looks, but it went smooth, no issues.

Meanwhile, some dude 'parked' his Xterra and then went inside, and while he was away his Xterra started rolling backwards and into the drive through lanes. Thankfully, the guy behind me in a truck saw it coming and moved out of the way just enough that the Xterra missed him and bumped over the curb and into the building landscaping. Had I not been on my motorcycle, and just been someone in a vehicle instead, there would not have been enough room for the guy behind me to avoid getting T-boned by the Xterra. So an all-around good decision to ride the bike through the drive through today.

volkein

CB650F ABS
Jan 28, 2020
New chain and spockets (AFAM) !
You can spot my previous bike under the blanket (now wife's bike) a 2014 white CB500F.
Chain sounds louder, is that possible ? I have a friend who is a retired mechanic has checked and said mouting is fine.

Itchytoe

CB650F
Dec 15, 2019
Went through the drive through for the first time. Figured what the hell. We're likely to close down dining rooms soon, so drive-through or delivery will be the only way to get some fast grub, might as well see how the drive-through goes on a bike. Wendy's has their two for $5 deal going on, so I ordered two spicy chicken sandwiches. I asked them not to bother with the bag, and they passed them out the window on a tray. I just put one in each jacket pocket and took off back to the office. I definitely got some looks, but it went smooth, no issues.

Meanwhile, some dude 'parked' his Xterra and then went inside, and while he was away his Xterra started rolling backwards and into the drive through lanes. Thankfully, the guy behind me in a truck saw it coming and moved out of the way just enough that the Xterra missed him and bumped over the curb and into the building landscaping. Had I not been on my motorcycle, and just been someone in a vehicle instead, there would not have been enough room for the guy behind me to avoid getting T-boned by the Xterra. So an all-around good decision to ride the bike through the drive through today.
I still haven't taken the bike to a drive through yet. I ride with earplugs, so I'd have to stop and take them out first, which is a pain.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Chain sounds louder, is that possible ? I have a friend who is a retired mechanic has checked and said mouting is fine.
Most OEM countershaft sprockets have s rubber damper pad on them and most aftermarket replacements don’t. That could be the sound difference or it could be you’re just more in tune with the noise because it’s new and different.

If you chain is the right length, adjusted correctly, and it’s size matches the size of your sprockets (a 525 chain on 525 sprockets) you should be just fine.

volkein

CB650F ABS
Jan 28, 2020
It was a bike specific kit, I'm not worried. And I'm a bit sound sensitive tho. Thanks.

Goblin

CB650R ABS
Sep 2, 2019
Yes to the front. I have the indicators already but the wiring adapters are out of stock everywhere, so I'm going to just solder the connections myself as it's only two wires...not worth waiting for the adapter.

No relays. The indicators come with resistors if your bike doesn't have stock LEDs though. Not needed on the cb650r, just plug and play.

You do lose the running lights but I'm not worried about that as I have AUX driving lights installed already.
Show us some pictures if you’re done with the front indicators? 👌

Top Bottom