• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's What did you do with your 650 today?

Dankotaru

CBR650R ABS
Jul 5, 2019
7000' ASL, USA
Thought I'd make a place for people to easily share any recent activities they've enjoyed (or not) with their Honda 650. Most other owner forums have a similar thread, and now we have one too. It doesn't have to be a special accomplishment. In fact, the mundane aspects of enjoying your bike tend to be the most relatable for others, so share what you did with your bike today!

To get the ball rolling, I completed my first oil and filter change today. This is my first motorcycle with a spin-on oil filter, and the mounting made it super easy to swap. Glad no fairings have to be removed to complete it. I also cleaned and lubed the chain. I'm trying out DuPont's chain guard for the first time. It has good reviews and is inexpensive, so I thought I'd give it a shot. So far, I can only say it isn't nearly as tacky as the Maxima chain wax.

Eaglemoto

CBR650R ABS
Jul 13, 2019
Riding Since
Nothing more mundane than commuting to work and filling up with petrol on the way. Annoyingly when trying to remove the filler without spilling the last dregs, a few drops landed just in front of the filler cap ring, typically the petrol station had no paper towels!

Dankotaru

CBR650R ABS
Jul 5, 2019
7000' ASL, USA
Annoyingly when trying to remove the filler without spilling the last dregs, a few drops landed just in front of the filler cap ring, typically the petrol station had no paper towels!

THIS. I swear it's like a universal, undisclosed certification requirement for all gas station pumps, "Section 22B, subsection f: Pumps shall be engineered so that despite any and all prolific shaking, tapping, banging, or other attempts to dislodge the remaining last two drops of gasoline from the nozzle, they will not be free to release until the nozzle is fully extricated from the filler and positioned over a gas tank, fender, customer's pants, or (preferably) an open beverage container held in the other hand."

Eaglemoto

CBR650R ABS
Jul 13, 2019
Riding Since
THIS. I swear it's like a universal, undisclosed certification requirement for all gas station pumps, "Section 22B, subsection f: Pumps shall be engineered so that despite any and all prolific shaking, tapping, banging, or other attempts to dislodge the remaining last two drops of gasoline from the nozzle, they will not be free to release until the nozzle is fully extricated from the filler and positioned over a gas tank, fender, customer's pants, or (preferably) an open beverage container held in the other hand."

So true, and with this plastic trim at the front of the tank where the ignition barrel is situated, there is a nice little gap between the tank and the trim through which the petrol can run :mad:

victorkkq

CBR650F
Oct 30, 2018
My very first track day at Sepang Go Kart Track (Malaysia). In deed is an exciting day for me as this is my first track day. The track is quite small but it is not easy on these tight corners. Still need alot to learn about lines, apexes, throttle controls, leanings and etc. Will definitely attend riding courses to improve. Extremely happy excited day and would definitely will do track again.

The CBR650F is a very versatile all in one bike. I can do long distance tour, street & traffic riding, twistiest and track with it comfortably and confidently. No regrets buying this first bike of mine. Cheers :)

Attachments

• IMG_2991.JPG
    IMG_2991.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2999.JPG
    IMG_2999.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 143
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-07-20 at 3.33.42 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-07-20 at 3.33.42 PM.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 122

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Had my last official work day at my previous employer. Had a little "so long and thanks for all the fish" moment and my boss said if I handed in my laptop and office entry tag I was free to go. Said my goodbyes and went out the door. Jumped on my bike and just rode. Opened Google Maps on my phone, tapped on a remote looking road about 20 mins away from where I was and went there. On arrival, I turned off navigation and just followed the road and followed the signs to small villages with odd names. The more obscure sounding, the better. Came across some great touring roads, just wide enough for 1 and a half car, with wider overtake spots every 200m. But because it's summer holiday, there barely was any traffic so it was great riding. It's great to discover these things in an area this close by. Hadn't really ever gone in that direction before. Today it's raining though :(

skeletor

CBR650F ABS
Dec 13, 2018
I changed the oil and filter today, looked at lots of oils then just ended up buying the Honda GN4 and a Fram filter.
I under-estimated how far it would shoot out of there and dumped a bunch on the pavement. Oops.

bobstrax

CB650F ABS
Oct 1, 2017
Lincolnshire
Lol......changed lots of bits about, slapped some grease around...spindles, cleaned the crud off the end of the shock too. Handy whipping the back wheel off, you reach the areas normally inaccessible.

Hondawing

CBR650R ABS
Jul 24, 2019
I actually rotate the nozzle upside down after shaking the last few drops in the tank - drives me nuts when gas drips on my bike

Hondawing

CBR650R ABS
Jul 24, 2019
I hit 1200 miles today on a 200 mile back road ride to a cafe lunch stop in Northeast CT - vanilla bean great spot
This bike is the smoothest shifting bike I have ever owned or ridden . The clutch pull is so light and smooth it is amazing and the bike is plenty fast enough when you give it the beans !

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
I gave my bike a good wash and chain cleaning/lubing today. In the morning the weather was shit, though. Lots of rain. No problem, I had arranged to go see a movie at the cinema with my kids (secret life of pets 2). When I got home, after lunch, sun was out and it looked very nice outside.
So there I went washing and scrubbing the thing. I went inside to get a bucket of clean water, came back outside and guess what... rain.
At that moment my across-the-street neighbor lady (who rides a z750 herself) drove past in her car looking at me in a poor-you-slash-shadenfreude way.
Eh, my timing is just a little off.

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
I gave my bike a good wash and chain cleaning/lubing today. In the morning the weather was shit, though. Lots of rain. No problem, I had arranged to go see a movie at the cinema with my kids (secret life of pets 2). When I got home, after lunch, sun was out and it looked very nice outside.
So there I went washing and scrubbing the thing. I went inside to get a bucket of clean water, came back outside and guess what... rain.
At that moment my across-the-street neighbor lady (who rides a z750 herself) drove past in her car looking at me in a poor-you-slash-shadenfreude way.
Eh, my timing is just a little off.

What, do you live in Central Florida too?!?!

DRIVING home tonight a lightning bolt cracked across the top of my car and the guy behind me. Didn't "hit" the car but scared the living crap out of me!!! It felt like I got hit with a giant blast of air...and I was IN the car! My mouth felt like I had an air bubble in it. Sounds weird but don't know how else to describe it!!! Thank goodness I wasn't riding!

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
I actually rotate the nozzle upside down after shaking the last few drops in the tank
That's the way to do it , I used to have trouble splashing petrol on the tank after filling up until I noticed how an old garage owner just turned the nozzle upside down after filling up my tank.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
What, do you live in Central Florida too?!?!

lol no, but our weather can be completely schizophrenic as well.

DRIVING home tonight a lightning bolt cracked across the top of my car and the guy behind me. Didn't "hit" the car but scared the living crap out of me!!! It felt like I got hit with a giant blast of air...and I was IN the car! My mouth felt like I had an air bubble in it. Sounds weird but don't know how else to describe it!!! Thank goodness I wasn't riding!

I once was in a train that got hit by lightning. It felt like a surge of static electricity swooped through the train and then all lights went out and the thing came to a standstill. Surprisingly enough, it continued on its way a few minutes later like nothing happened.

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
Don't know what's happening to the weather around here, some days it's sunny and some days it rains ! Must be climate change :D

Eaglemoto

CBR650R ABS
Jul 13, 2019
Riding Since
Don't know what's happening to the weather around here, some days it's sunny and some days it rains ! Must be climate change :D

Tell me about it. Raining this morning so wore my waterproof summer gloves on the way into work. On way home it was bright blue skies so my hands were a little warm once I arrived!

Top Bottom