• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's What did you do with your 650 today?

mcphatty

CB650R
Jul 5, 2020
I don't think there would be. I've been using the Evotech radiator guard and haven't noticed any increases in engine temp. To be fair though, our gauge for engine temp does not have the greatest resolution and a difference of a few degrees may not even register.

Jluu

CB650R ABS
Jul 21, 2019
Is definitely good protection, but do you notice any issues with cooling?
Haven't ridden with it on yet. I don't suspect it'll pose any issues with cooling. Got it mainly for asthetics.

My concern is durability and life longevity. Fear is that it'll rust.

Peteblue

CBR650R
Jun 5, 2019
I put some new shoes on her feet. Metzeler Sportec M9RR's. They weren't cheap, but what a revalation.

I bought the bike new in May 2019 and ran with the OE Dunlop tyres. I'd been away from biking for nearly 25 years when I took delivery, and I asked at the time I was paying the deposit if the tyres were OK as I'd read a few road tests and the reports were not great. 'Yeah, they're fine' came the reply.

I went on a back to biking course paid for by Honda before I received the bike and my instructor said to me 'tyres these days have improved so much since you were last on a bike' I stuck with them.

In the nearly 3 years and 10,000 miles I've owned the bike, I'd never really been 100% confident, and if I'm being totally honest, never thought I'd really gelled with it. It was OK, but that was it.

Anyway, today, with new tyres fitted, it's a different bike. I rode a familiar route I use for a regular one and a half hour spin, and it's like new suspension has been fitted. Roads that had seemed sketchy and bumpy before didn't feel that way, and my confidence grew to such an extent I was happily throwing the bike into corners I was previously wary about.

By the end of the run, I was riding again like I used to without a care in the world.

I don't often post in here, but I'm on such a high at the moment because all the tensions I used to feel have melted away. My shoulders didn't even ache, I was so much more relaxed.

It's going to be nice weather in the UK this week. so I'm getting up early and riding my new bike every day.

I never thought new tyres could make such a difference, but they really have.

CBRay

CBR650R ABS
Nov 9, 2021
Riding Since
I ordered an evotech tail tidy for her. Can’t wait to get rid of the Massive rear fender. Now if the warmer weather will actually come back… we got a taste of spring last week, today it snowed. 😡

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
The last few weeks saw mine get oil and filter change, brake fluid flushed, fork oil changed, stone chips repaired and new sealant applied to the alternator cover to hopefully cure a weaping oil leak that had developed.

Busy times 👍👌

skeletor

CBR650F ABS
Dec 13, 2018
Had a slow drip from the thermostat housing, replaced the thermostat and seal. Didn't really need to change the thermostat itself but I did it anyways.

JRinKtown

CB650F
Jun 30, 2019
24,600 Km on my 2018 cb650f. Time for some service. Installed a K & N air filter and a Booster Plug. Also, had a shop check the valves, swap the spark plugs for Iridium, and mount new tires (Dunlop RoadSmart II). 4 valves needed adjustment, though one or two of them were still in spec but at the tight end. He re-shimmed those so I'm good for a long while. She's happy now. I like the Booster Plug. Nothing mind-blowing, but noticeable improvement. Spring is here. I'm tired of winter riding.

TuneR

CBR650R ABS
Jan 14, 2021
Riding Since
Tried to install all this stuff but ran out of time, didn't get the heated grips, TPMS or R&G spools on.

IMG_20220304_170446.jpg

Gave the screen and tank a polish before fitting the matte protector and tank pad.
IMG_20220304_215143.jpg

Tail tidy took awhile to fit as it was a cheap aliX piece, had to make some plastic indicator spacers to stop them going limp and potentially falling off. Also removed the pillion foot pegs and put in small bolts to cover the holes.
IMG_20220304_215127.jpgIMG_20220304_214901.jpg

And such a nice photo when i was walking back to the bike before i left my shed.
IMG_20220304_210205.jpg

oni

CB650R ABS
Aug 23, 2021
Italia
After six mont of waiting today i finally pick up the bike from the shop and make a little ride just to see if i'm still capable 😄

Great feeling after all this waste of timeIMG-20220413-WA0000.jpg

Raffy

CB650R
Mar 22, 2022
Riding Since
Got to see how the Pirelli Rosso 4's do in the wet. Not as good as the Michelin Road 5s - less confidence inspiring.
On dry pavement they are amazing. Bike feels lighter when leaning and flicking and even the suspension soaks up small road bumps better.
How did you put lettering color on your tires?

trippy

CB650R ABS
May 2, 2021
Riding Since
How did you put lettering color on your tires?
The shop where I bought the tyres from did it without asking.
I wouldn't do it (ever) because after 600km and 1 wash the paint started pealing off. It took another 1000 km, 2 washes and deliberate work to get rid of it.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Went out on a ride with my brother (MT-09), his brother-in-law (z800) and myself (CBR650F). Weather was nice and sunny, not too warm not too cold. We rode through some nice bits our country has to offer (for the Dutch inclined: Bodegraven, Zwammerdam, followed the Meije, Woerdense Verlaat, Haarzuilens, followed Amsterdam Rijnkanaal to Loosdrechtse Plassen).

It was a rather uneventful ride. Very relaxing and nice. Had a drink along the way (non-alcoholic, mind!) with some deep-fried snacks. At one point I did laugh my ass off when I was riding in front and rode around the same roundabout four times and they sheepishly followed me. My brother went "my god, what are you doing?!" over the intercom, but they had no choice but to follow me wherever I went muhahaha!
IMG_20220423_154512805_HDR.jpg

Top Bottom