• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's What did you do with your 650 today?

Victoria

CBR650F ABS
Jul 9, 2019
Wow...that's purple!!! 😎

What's near the tank and tank pads? hard to tell from the picture but it looks like writing or something?

As for your brake fluid change I'd suggest getting one of those Motion Pro Brake Bleeders. They're cheap but make it a lot easier! Are you changing out brake pads as well?
That's an attempt to cover a mistake! It's supposed to resemble thick stitching.

Thanks for suggesting that, I'll definitely look into it.
I was considering changing them, but they look like they have a ton of life left. Any brand you'd recommend?

Itchytoe

CB650F
Dec 15, 2019
Today, or yesterday if I'm being honest, I took a little ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I tested out a new GoPro mount location. So far, I like it. Here's a couple of photos saved from the videos. Got a nice lean going on some of those turns.
lean 1.jpg
Lean 2.jpg
The camera is mounted on my front windscreen about the same height as the handlebar, right in the center of the bike.

Also, I noticed that I just hit 20,000 miles while on the ride. Not bad for the first 14 months of riding in my oh so humble opinion. 20,000.jpg

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
That's an attempt to cover a mistake! It's supposed to resemble thick stitching.
I was thinking it was some kind of art design or possibly Japanese writing! Again, hard to tell from the picture.

I was considering changing them, but they look like they have a ton of life left. Any brand you'd recommend?
First, your brake pads may be just fine so don't worry about changing them if there's still life in them!
If others chime in I'm sure they may have different opinions but I always go with what my dealer suggests for brake pads. In other words, stay away from cheap Amazon/eBay buys!!! Unless you're doing some really hard riding then just stick with a name brand, REGULAR EBC brake pads.

Goblin

CB650R ABS
Sep 2, 2019
View attachment 8588
Wrapped it a few weeks ago and changed out the air filter for a k&n filter today.

Has anyone else here attempted a wrap before? It was way more difficult than I anticipated and its definitely not a professional job, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

I'll be changing the brake fluid next. I've never done a brake fluid flush before, hopefully it's quick and easy!
My wife wants the bike, she loves the color 😂
Great job 👍

Itchytoe

CB650F
Dec 15, 2019

I wasn't too happy with the stock rotors and pads. Something about them wasn't working well for me. Despite my efforts, I couldn't keep them braking smoothly. If you're going to upgrade, I'd recommend EBC's pads. I got the infamous HH Sintered pads. They are wonderful, very predictable, and no odd vibrations like the stock ones. Honestly though, if you're not having issues with the stock ones, stick with them.

Victoria

CBR650F ABS
Jul 9, 2019
I wasn't too happy with the stock rotors and pads. Something about them wasn't working well for me. Despite my efforts, I couldn't keep them braking smoothly. If you're going to upgrade, I'd recommend EBC's pads. I got the infamous HH Sintered pads. They are wonderful, very predictable, and no odd vibrations like the stock ones. Honestly though, if you're not having issues with the stock ones, stick with them.
Did you end up changing out the rotors as well?

Itchytoe

CB650F
Dec 15, 2019
I did. I went with the Galfer Wave rotor. I doubt there would be any benefit if your stock ones are still straight and flat. I cleaned the snot out of mine and never could get rid of the shakes when braking. New rotors and pads ensures I only have to take it apart once.

Victoria

CBR650F ABS
Jul 9, 2019
I did. I went with the Galfer Wave rotor. I doubt there would be any benefit if your stock ones are still straight and flat. I cleaned the snot out of mine and never could get rid of the shakes when braking. New rotors and pads ensures I only have to take it apart once.
I'll keep those in mind whenever they need to be changed. What made you choose that rotor?

Itchytoe

CB650F
Dec 15, 2019
I'll keep those in mind whenever they need to be changed. What made you choose that rotor?
Nothing special. I didn't want another stock rotor so I looked up aftermarket ones. That one showed up on Google and had good reviews. Was also cheaper than what the dealer down the road from me wanted for a stock rotor, so I picked that one.

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
The story of my riding...Screenshot (4).png

Literally, the last 2+ weeks...rain, rain, rain...and more rain. And I'm not talking 10-minute showers. When these rains have come in they've been doozies! Lightning right on top of my house!:mad:

Oh, just a reminder...Florida is the "Sunshine State"! 😜

Locomaaan

CB650R
Sep 10, 2020
The story of my riding...View attachment 8610

Literally, the last 2+ weeks...rain, rain, rain...and more rain. And I'm not talking 10-minute showers. When these rains have come in they've been doozies! Lightning right on top of my house!:mad:

Ah man, sorry to hear that. Hope it clears up soon 👍🏻

Itchytoe

CB650F
Dec 15, 2019
The story of my riding...

That looks like it's got some rotation to it. That must be Sally dumping all that rain on you.I used to live on the Gulf Coast. Staying off the bike is the best choice with a hurricane right there.

Last I heard, Sally wasn't a bad one. Everything okay where you live, except for the rain of course?

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
That looks like it's got some rotation to it. That must be Sally dumping all that rain on you.I used to live on the Gulf Coast. Staying off the bike is the best choice with a hurricane right there.

Last I heard, Sally wasn't a bad one. Everything okay where you live, except for the rain of course?
Not bad for Florida's west coast but it's dumping rain as it creeps up towards the panhandle. And it's a slow-mover...which could cause major flooding problems. Extimated to be a Cat 2 by today.

Locomaaan

CB650R
Sep 10, 2020
Quickshifter and some tank pads installed today🥰 oh man, that quickshifter is AWESOME!!
honestly, this quickshifter feels like a sin to use lol, it feels like I’m doing something terrible, obviously it’s a Honda part but man it feels wrong that it is so awesome lol

Last edited:

Itchytoe

CB650F
Dec 15, 2019
Not bad for Florida's west coast but it's dumping rain as it creeps up towards the panhandle. And it's a slow-mover...which could cause major flooding problems. Extimated to be a Cat 2 by today.
Looks like your old friend Sally decided to pay me a visit. I was hoping to get one last day of riding before she hit, but it started raining just before sunrise and is steadily getting worse. I think I've got a full two days of rain ahead of me. Maybe three depending on exactly where she goes.

It looks like Florida is in the clear now. Any plans?

Danny Linguini

CB650R
Apr 26, 2020
Finally put together my Venom bike stand that I bought shortly after getting this bike. Next ride should put me right around 600 miles and time fir the first oil change, so I figured it’s time to get things ready for that. Was kind of disappointed that the swing arm pads don’t pivot - the pin holes in the pad bats don’t allow enough width, so they have to be bolted down. Otherwise, even with the pads in one position, the lift still works fine. It’s a tad unnerving setting it back down and onto the side stand, but it’s very stable when it’s up. So all in all, I’m happy with it.

Top Bottom