• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650R USB Charger for CBR 650R / CB 650 R (Heated grip or back accessory)

R3d0x

CBR650R ABS
Apr 19, 2020
Hello !
I bought a quadlock USB charger and i searched in the forum , what is the best solution to connect it in the bike.
I saw some people complaining of the battery drain if it is directly connected to the battery.

I saw 2 other possibilities, to be connected after "contact" :
(1) connecting to the accessory plug , which is located in the back of the bike (back right)
(2) connecting in the front left plug , which is normally for Heated grips

(1) I tried first using the accessory plug in the back, but it is impossible to find the name for the connector, that i could use to connected with SAE from Quadlock

IMG_20210227_151358.jpg

(2) In the front left , I removed the fairing from the bike, and I still access to the connector, because i have to remove the fuel tank to see the connector (That i didn't try^^)

This is what i bought for the moment, but it is not ok for the back , and i don't know if it could fit for the front....

61EeNGLpoRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And the quadlock that I have

1614633157836.jpg

Anyone has a picture for the connector for the Heated grips, or name of the connector for the back., or any solution^^
I checked a lot of French website, to find a connector, really a mess, when I don't have name...
Thanks a lot!
✌️

R3d0x

CBR650R ABS
Apr 19, 2020
Thanks for the response. Yes I checked already theses threads, but I am really confused with the connector needed for the back or for the front... And really impossible to find it in European shop 😖

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Thanks for the response. Yes I checked already theses threads, but I am really confused with the connector needed for the back or for the front... And really impossible to find it in European shop 😖
Tech specs are in this thread. It’s long but has all the info you’ll need:

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
You're correct, there are two accessory ports on the CB(R)650R - one in the RHS rear right cowl and one on the LHS below the fuel tank. Both sockets are ignition live so will power down with the bike.

Rear accessory socket​

The one in the back is a Sumitomo 4 Pin MT090 Sealed Motorcycle Connector. It's a 4 pin connector and is used to connect the optional 12v cigarette style power adapter (NOTE: it's only got 2 pins in it although the plug housing can take 4). If you buy the Honda 12v power adapter, that too only has 2 cables (live and ground).

I bought a set from AliExpress while I was toying with where to connect my heated grips but never ended up using them. I can confirm however they fit perfectly to the OEM socket: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32961164646.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.39984c4d5ruvxe

I have since fitted the optional 12v socket from Honda to the rear accessory port.

LHS accessory socket​

The one on the LHS of the tank is a Sumitomo HM 2 pin connector that Honda would use to connect their optional heated grips. This is what I connected my heated grips to. It has a blank in it from the factory which you must remove.

I bought a Sumitomo HM 2 way connector for this accessory socket on my CBR650R from here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB...-Plug-1-x-2-way-Female-Connector/282346320449. I installed my Oxford heated grips to it and it worked a treat.

I cut off the battery ring connectors that came with the heated grips and wired them to the Sumitomo HM socket and connected it to the bike. Job done!

Looks like the Quadlock comes with 20cm SAE to battery connector and then a 1.5m SAE cable to the Quadlock charger. Is that right? If you want to preserve those connectors then use the one you bought, cut the plug off and connect as I've described above.

More info and pictures here: https://650f.bike/threads/accessory-plug-type.1909/post-22718

Last edited:

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
Oh to add to this, if you want to split the plug so that you can have two connected accessories (Quadlock charger and heated grips) then buy this from the same guy on eBay:

John and I worked together to find the correct plug (the pictures of my bike are on his eBay page) and now he sells a splitter.

R3d0x

CBR650R ABS
Apr 19, 2020
Thanks really a lot for your information. I really spent lot of hours to get clear information, and here the response is really clear and detailled ! (It should be pin!) I ordered the connector for LHS accessory socket from ebay !
I will keep you in touch,
Again thanks a lot ;) !

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
Thanks really a lot for your information. I really spent lot of hours to get clear information, and here the response is really clear and detailled ! (It should be pin!) I ordered the connector for LHS accessory socket from ebay !
I will keep you in touch,
Again thanks a lot ;) !
My pleasure and happy to help.

Kelevelin

CBR650R
Apr 30, 2021
Riding Since
Anybody able to confirm, that the wireless charging module + cable from "sp connect" works at the front plug?

Thx in advance and hello from a new forum user :)

GTSnoRacer

CB650F ABS
Feb 20, 2021
Riding Since
Oh to add to this, if you want to split the plug so that you can have two connected accessories (Quadlock charger and heated grips) then buy this from the same guy on eBay:

John and I worked together to find the correct plug (the pictures of my bike are on his eBay page) and now he sells a splitter.
Any idea if this is the same needed for the CB650F?

Karu

CBR650R ABS
Jul 21, 2020
Riding Since
I have connected my quadlock to the square connector on the left of the first picture of this thread.
This connector has a male and female parts. Both supplied with the bike. One of the two was connected to the wire harness of the bike.
I cut the terminal ring on the black and red wires supplied with the quadlock and connected them with the part from the square connector.
Worked fine.

Dondons

CB650F ABS
Apr 26, 2021
Riding Since

Just purchased this so I can wire my heated grips in, plus still have spare socket. Arrived this morning so I can remove the leads from the battery to grips and put the correct connector on now. Thanks to all for the information on this site👍👌 1620807353702360347230990231872.jpg

Karu

CBR650R ABS
Jul 21, 2020
Riding Since
And some pictures from me

Attachments

• Quad lock 2.jpg
    Quad lock 2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Quad lock 3.jpg
    Quad lock 3.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 109