• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650R Two brothers exhaust / Power commander / k&n filter

CoolFire

CBR650F ABS
May 5, 2018
Ukraine, Odessa
Good day

Around 2 months ago i installed Two brothers full exhaust on my 2015 CBR650f without power commander. Comparing to stock one i feel little power loose on low RPMs. In my place there are no Dyno to make remapping so i am planning to order fuel controller and install map from website. At same time i want to buy aftermarket air filter, but on power commander site i found map only for my exhaust+stock filter..
So i have two suggestions
- leave stock filter and install fuel controller
- buy aftermarket air filter and install fuel controller with same map

What do you think about this?)

Sorry if this topic was already discussed, i couldn't find it

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Stock filter, the money isn't worth the gains.

Also, the TBR map from the site is rubbish. Find a dyno somewhere. I have a TBR and a dyno added 10bhp over the downloaded map.

J

CoolFire

CBR650F ABS
May 5, 2018
Ukraine, Odessa
Stock filter, the money isn't worth the gains.

Also, the TBR map from the site is rubbish. Find a dyno somewhere. I have a TBR and a dyno added 10bhp over the downloaded map.

J

Thanks for reply

I have already checked and no company which can make dyno adjustment...

Did you try to run just after installation of exhaust without mapping? Interesting if it would be any change between stock and TBR map from site..

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Stock ecu and filter with TBR was fine. A small improvement, plus the weight loss. Not a bad package. I left the o2 sensor in until I got the pc5.

The pc5 + map really makes it sing though.

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
Did you remove the DB killer? My CBR650F which I bought used was missing it. Low speed control was jerky. Bought a DB killer, and low end control was a lot better. Something about back pressure changing with the DB killer out.

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
I have two maps fitted... DB killer in and out... The dyno guy said the bike was happier with a little back pressure, even though there's a couple of extra bhp with the baffle out.

It's definitely smoother with it in. The noise is tolerable as well.

J

CoolFire

CBR650F ABS
May 5, 2018
Ukraine, Odessa
Did you remove the DB killer? My CBR650F which I bought used was missing it. Low speed control was jerky. Bought a DB killer, and low end control was a lot better. Something about back pressure changing with the DB killer out.

Yes i removed DB killer just after first ride because like sound more without it.
It is already winter in my place, so i cannot check how it will response with DB killer on..

bishop, do you have power commander installed or only TBR exhaust?

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
Yes i removed DB killer just after first ride because like sound more without it.
It is already winter in my place, so i cannot check how it will response with DB killer on..

bishop, do you have power commander installed or only TBR exhaust?

Yes I have the two bros installed and also the Power commander 5. I tried stock fuel maps and two bros. Putting in the DB killer fixed a lot of my slow speed/small throttle issues.

ghehen

CBR650F ABS
Jun 27, 2019
Vietnam
There is my bike, i got de-cat and slip-on exhaust. It’s twobros M2 exhaust, look a like arrow full system exhaust for 650f. I just get pc5 1 month ago. My near by dynojet tunning table burned down last year, and lockdown by corona virus made a long time to the workshop owner can import it and he does not know when can he take it from overseas. The nearest is about 1400km from my hometown.
I’ve plan to install the pc5 by myself and i will very thankful if someone may send me a tune map of what a like my exhaust system.
In worst case scenario what do you think the most fitted map that on dynojet’s site i can use?
I’ve changed K&N air filter too.
Thank you for time reading my comment.
P/s: my email address: [email protected]
In case someone would like to send me a map.

Attachments

• 6D8B863A-4B85-4A57-94DB-A268A952886E.jpeg
    6D8B863A-4B85-4A57-94DB-A268A952886E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
I can supply a TBR/K&N map, but was built with the baffle in and an o2 eliminator installed.

Not sure how baffle out or having an o2 sensor installed will affect it. I think you can edit the lower adjustments to 0 so the o2 sensor does the work if it's installed. I'd email Dynotech for clarification.

their newer kits leave the o2 sensor in place.

J

ghehen

CBR650F ABS
Jun 27, 2019
Vietnam
I can supply a TBR/K&N map, but was built with the baffle in and an o2 eliminator installed.

Not sure how baffle out or having an o2 sensor installed will affect it. I think you can edit the lower adjustments to 0 so the o2 sensor does the work if it's installed. I'd email Dynotech for clarification.

their newer kits leave the o2 sensor in place.

J
Thank you a lot Brammers.
My pipe modification still keep the o2 sensor in original place. My pc5 kit is the old ones, i have the o2 eliminator plug. Should i remove the o2 sensor and plug it in or just leave o2 sensor where its belong to like the new kits. I’ve watched a video about install pc5 for cb650r and they don’t touch the o2 sensor.
Thank again for your support, i think your map it’s far away better than the site map from dynojet. I will give it a try, still better than have nothing in my hands :D

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
If you load my map, use the o2 eliminator for best results.

Disclaimer:

This map is without warranty. If you load it onto your pc5 and your bike blows up or does anything odd, I'm not responsible for it.

The map was custom built for my bike, with my mods using my money. Loading it on to any other bike is done at the owners risk.

Please rename the attachment to use... Remove the ".txt" from the end.

J

Attachments

• JB_TBR_KnN_BaffleIn_Perf.pvm.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 25

ghehen

CBR650F ABS
Jun 27, 2019
Vietnam
If you load my map, use the o2 eliminator for best results.

Disclaimer:

This map is without warranty. If you load it onto your pc5 and your bike blows up or does anything odd, I'm not responsible for it.

The map was custom built for my bike, with my mods using my money. Loading it on to any other bike is done at the owners risk.

Please rename the attachment to use... Remove the ".txt" from the end.

J
once again, thank you for your kindly support.

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
There is my bike, i got de-cat and slip-on exhaust. It’s twobros M2 exhaust, look a like arrow full system exhaust for 650f. I just get pc5 1 month ago. My near by dynojet tunning table burned down last year, and lockdown by corona virus made a long time to the workshop owner can import it and he does not know when can he take it from overseas. The nearest is about 1400km from my hometown.
I’ve plan to install the pc5 by myself and i will very thankful if someone may send me a tune map of what a like my exhaust system.
In worst case scenario what do you think the most fitted map that on dynojet’s site i can use?
I’ve changed K&N air filter too.
Thank you for time reading my comment.
P/s: my email address: [email protected]
In case someone would like to send me a map.

Did you get the Auto Tune module?

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
If you use an autotune, remember to remove the o2 sensor once you've built your map.

They have a finite lifespan, and aren't designed to be left in long term. Ask this question of any second hand ones.

J

ghehen

CBR650F ABS
Jun 27, 2019
Vietnam
If you use an autotune, remember to remove the o2 sensor once you've built your map.

They have a finite lifespan, and aren't designed to be left in long term. Ask this question of any second hand ones.

J
oh, that's new to me,i don't know that autotune have a short lifespan. Is it the same with power commander?

ghehen

CBR650F ABS
Jun 27, 2019
Vietnam
No the PC5 is fine.

To clarify - the autotune module is fine. The wideband O2 sensor it uses however degrades over time (dyno shops replace them after about 100 to 150 hours in use) and become less accurate.

J
Ah, got it bro. Useful information. Btw i have done install pc5 by myself this afternoon, take me 1.5 hour to finish install pc5 only. The result is great, not 100% but better throttle response than before, smother and less pop and crack from exhaust. Very pleased, i will get my bike tuned by pro when it’s available.
Thank you all for your kindly support, really nice community.

Top Bottom