• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Throttle Slack Adjustment

Arthur45

CB650F ABS
May 2, 2018
Hi,

My bike had a service and the mechanic slackened off the throttle free play....too much for me. I am going to tighten it back up.......is it just the top cable you increase the tension on? Obviously leaving some slack so it's not dangerous when the bars are turned.

Oh the dealer check the bike over and I asked about the vibes people talk about......got some comments back regarding the fact the machines are not made in Japan anymore.......

Thanks

Beansie

CB650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Feb 4, 2018
Stockport
I think the Honda mechanics like a loose throttle mine was like that new and I tightened it up and had to do it again after the first service, I myself prefer quite a tight cable so as soon as I turn the throttle it’s revving the engine. I use the top adjuster not sure if there is any others that are less visible but I’ve not ran out of adjustment yet.

Arthur45

CB650F ABS
May 2, 2018
Thanks.....using the adjuster on the top cable only?

The dealer had previously changed it to about 2.....
Which really made a difference to how it rode....but a different tech changed it again on service and I just can't be bothered to ride back over for a possible 5 minute job.

Top Bottom