Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The weather.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
Ok Jerry,I will stop talking about the weather but did you know that as early as next month they will make grass
legalised,smoke on it Jerry!

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
Termignoni exhaust are not for the weak hearted, below is the sound on my next bike.

Whats not to like,it's a great fast light bike?

Last edited:

miweber929

CBR650F
Mod
650F Alumnus
I love when things that are old are new again. Honda’s GP racers over the past decade use the “dual” exhaust setup (under seat and under engine) and the “open” clutch, though it’s a dry clutch on the GP bike and a wet one on the Panigale V4.

It sounds cool but not for an everyday bike. Notice on most videos he’s backed up to something (a car in the first shot and a wall in the rest) and how the sound seems just a bit “enhanced” in the video on a couple since his hand twisting the throttle is faster (by a lot) than the sound exiting the bike. It’s cool though.

The clear Ducabike clutch cover may make it onto my Duc at some point because it makes the newer wet clutch bikes look like the older dry clutch models but I HAVE to stop spending money on it at some point. Right???? :)

Attachments

h0ck3y

CBR650F ABS
Same thing here, woke up to yet another 2” of crap in the ground with another shot at 6” snow possible this coming weekend. I’m real tired of this crap.

Nope, mine starts as normal, a little longer cranking but no throttle or extra fuss needed. I also do not touch the bike once it’s put away, it stays tucked in the trailer until spring when I pull them all out.

What do you use for a fuel stabilizer? Do you add EXACTLY what they specify or do you add more?

Do you run the bike a while after you add it to cycle it through the system?

I’m surprised you have issues, normally everything works as normal. I’ve stopped using Sta-bil brand stuff because it’s VERY picky about how much you add, on my carbed bikes I’ve run into it gumming up carbs that sit for a while and the tank I then run out in the spring is really poor running. Fuel stabilizer is not one of those more-is-better things so don’t over add because it’s not helping. I started using Seafoam maybe 10 years ago and it’s very nice to use with no adverse running affects in the spring or if you add a little too much.
Thanks miweber929 for the Seafoam advice -- the bike started up on the first try coming out of hibernation this year. :)

miweber929

CBR650F
Mod
650F Alumnus
Thanks miweber929 for the Seafoam advice -- the bike started up on the first try coming out of hibernation this year. :)
Great!!! Yeah, ever since I switched to Seafoam I’ve had ZERO issues in the spring and the bike doesn’t run like crap on that winter tank.

Glad to hear it worked well for you :)

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
Just keep riding that baby all through winter ;p

I bought myself a new pair of kevlar riding jeans, they were like 15% or so off (from ~€190 down to €160) and are much cooler than my textile suit in the weather we have right now (an absolutely magnificent 23 - 25 degrees C)