The new benchmark?

Thomas

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Apr 8, 2017
Germany
So today Ducati released some pictures and information about the new Streetfighter V4 (Something I eagerly anticipated since the release of the oh-so-gorgeous V4).
And what should I say? I look at it with one sad and one happy eye.

Sad, because reading the text it sais the most powerfull streetfighter ever build. If they are only referring to their own Streetfighter models - oh well, ok. If they refer to every streetfighter/naked out there so far....that means somewhere around 210+hp, As the MV Agusta Series Oro is basically avaiable for preorder with 212hp. Then I think the already started horsepower war of hyper nakedbikes will go onto the next round. Who knows, shift-cam S1000R with 200+hp, SuperDuke 3.0 with over 180hp and 150Nm as response in the future?!?
I mean the Ducati Streethfighter concept probably needs its double winglets to keep the front tire at the ground. Nice and all but I still saw the point of hyper naked bikes to be toned down litre bikes with more midrange grunt and shorter gearing to enjoy on the street while not offering wind protection and still some track capabilities.
That would also mean it´s even more expensive than I expected....sigh.

But I absolutely love the design of the concept bike and that livery.....I´d honestly buy it in that design if they´d offer it. I know, still a concept, let´s wait for this years Eicma and the reveal of the production bike.

Streetfighter-V4-MY20-04-Gallery-906x510.jpg

Streetfighter-V4-MY20-01-Gallery-906x510.jpg

Streetfighter-V4-MY20-03-Gallery-906x510.jpg

Streetfighter-V4-MY20-02-Gallery-906x510.jpg

Yeah, it might look a bit like a Z1000. But a Z1000 on steroids with an amazing paint job- which imo is a good thing. :playful:

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Looks like one of those paint jobs they use on new cars to hide the lines.
It must be a great bike (as it's essentially a Panigale V4 naked) but it's like hey, I've seen this bike before. Not because it's a V4, but because it looks too much like Kawasaki's.

Dankotaru

CBR650R ABS
Jul 5, 2019
7000' ASL, USA
I saw this bike up close and in person at the Pikes Peak Hill Climb Fan Fest, and it looks better in real life than in the pictures. It sounds amazing too. Carlin Dunne proved it was certainly capable of setting a new record up the mountain. It was a gut-punch when he crashed out near the top, and absolutely heartbraking to hear the news of how bad it really was.

Thomas

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Apr 8, 2017
Germany
I saw this bike up close and in person at the Pikes Peak Hill Climb Fan Fest, and it looks better in real life than in the pictures. It sounds amazing too. Carlin Dunne proved it was certainly capable of setting a new record up the mountain. It was a gut-punch when he crashed out near the top, and absolutely heartbraking to hear the news of how bad it really was.

Yes, very tragic event.
I looked up the timing chart that day and saw the times of the other bikes with the V4 only being listed with 3 sectors. Didn´t think too much about it, happens. Those 3 sectors were insanely quick tho.
Next day I saw the news that Dunne had a lethal accidend a few meters off the finish line.

Top Bottom