• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650Rs Tank pads

JasCBR650R

CBR650R
Jun 12, 2020
Riding Since
Hi All,

Got this cheeky little addition whilst I waited for my bike to have its first service. Need some side grips too. Any recommendations
(some links and pictures of your own would be useful)IMG_20200825_065109.jpg

koofdome

CB650F
Apr 27, 2020
Chicago, USA
Riding Since
Hi All,

Got this cheeky little addition whilst I waited for my bike to have its first service. Need some side grips too. Any recommendations
(some links and pictures of your own would be useful)View attachment 8409
Definitely recommend Eazi-Grip tank pads. I have them and they are AWESOME. See my photo on my page to get an idea. Check em out though, they make everything for each make and model

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
Only issue I've had from my Eazi-Grip tank pads is that they aren't long enough for my long legs (I'm 6ft 1) and the end of the grip is rubbing against my leather jeans and I have wear marks on them. I'm considering taking them off and replacing them with almost full length tank grips because of it.

This is the part that's rubbing.

Tank grips.jpg

koofdome

CB650F
Apr 27, 2020
Chicago, USA
Riding Since
Only issue I've had from my Eazi-Grip tank pads is that they aren't long enough for my long legs (I'm 6ft 1) and the end of the grip is rubbing against my leather jeans and I have wear marks on them. I'm considering taking them off and replacing them with almost full length tank grips because of it.

View attachment 8415
ahhhhh, dang okay :(

fnation25

CBR650R ABS
Dec 17, 2018
Yes I had the same problem with the eazi-grips, ruined my riding pants.
I ordered a new sets of pads from aliexpress with snake skin, they look amazing and work amazing aswell. I bought it for 30$

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
Yes I had the same problem with the eazi-grips, ruined my riding pants.
I ordered a new sets of pads from aliexpress with snake skin, they look amazing and work amazing aswell. I bought it for 30$

That's interesting. Any pics of them on your bike? Did you buy these ones?

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom

Sudesh

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Nov 21, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Riding Since
Interesting as they clearly have a chamfered edge which would probably help with not rubbing against my leathers. The Eazi-Grip ones have a pronounced hard edge which is definitely what's rubbing.

Yeah l used them with Alpinestar leather pants various times and it never caused an issue but still gripped fairly well. Good thing is its Australia and thats me but bad thing is l'm sure it is annoying for other people. But l'm happy to see if l can find shipping for people if the AliExpress ones don't come out too good for their needs

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
Yeah l used them with Alpinestar leather pants various times and it never caused an issue but still gripped fairly well. Good thing is its Australia and thats me but bad thing is l'm sure it is annoying for other people. But l'm happy to see if l can find shipping for people if the AliExpress ones don't come out too good for their needs

That's about £70 GBP + shipping which is pretty expensive for a set of tank pads. Although if you total up the Eazi-Grips + the AliExpress ones and if they're still crap then I should have gone with the techspec ones. :facepalm:

Sudesh

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Nov 21, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Riding Since
That's about £70 GBP + shipping which is pretty expensive for a set of tank pads. Although if you total up the Eazi-Grips + the AliExpress ones and if they're still crap then I should have gone with the techspec ones. :facepalm:

Ahh well lets hope that the eBay ones are good hopefully so you don't have to bother spending so much on a whole new set of tank pads. Ill check how much shipping to the UK is and maybe l can help you out so you just have to buy the grips and ill send them through to you for a lot less than Techspec is offering.

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
Ahh well lets hope that the eBay ones are good hopefully so you don't have to bother spending so much on a whole new set of tank pads. Ill check how much shipping to the UK is and maybe l can help you out so you just have to buy the grips and ill send them through to you for a lot less than Techspec is offering.

Good man. We'll have a chat. I'll wait to hear from fnation25 @fnation25 to see what he has on the bike and take it from there.

JasCBR650R

CBR650R
Jun 12, 2020
Riding Since
Interesting as they clearly have a chamfered edge which would probably help with not rubbing against my leathers. The Eazi-Grip ones have a pronounced hard edge which is definitely what's rubbing.
This looks awesome - only thing is that if i order I have to wait for them to be shipped over! The wait would be terrible 😆😆

JasCBR650R

CBR650R
Jun 12, 2020
Riding Since
Does anyone have any links for the Eazi-grip -

View attachment 8415

Ah man I would defo consider some longer ones if thats the case! Im a bit shorter at 5'8 so will give these a go

Doesn't say CRB650R but am assuming they will be the ones - any recommendation on EVO, PRO or SILICON?

Top Bottom