• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Luggage Tank lock tank bag

Spo

CB650F ABS
Sep 21, 2018
Hi, just putting it out there for opinions, has anyone got a tank lock tank bag on cb or cbr, thinking about getting one rather than a rear rack. Any recommendations or avoids? Cheers

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
Hi, just putting it out there for opinions, has anyone got a tank lock tank bag on cb or cbr, thinking about getting one rather than a rear rack. Any recommendations or avoids? Cheers
I fancied one but I am tight, so I bought a tail pack for the seat £23. And to be fair I was concerned that a tank bag would mark the paint work. I will be interested to see what you choose.

Spo

CB650F ABS
Sep 21, 2018
I fancied one but I am tight, so I bought a tail pack for the seat £23. And to be fair I was concerned that a tank bag would mark the paint work. I will be interested to see what you choose.
Thinking about the GIVI ST602 sport-t not too big as to get in the way of speedo etc but big enough for keys, phone,wallet etc. Will update post when I’ve decided.

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
Thinking about the GIVI ST602 sport-t not too big as to get in the way of speedo etc but big enough for keys, phone,wallet etc. Will update post when I’ve decided.
I have that bag, it should be fine on the CB650F. I had a bigger Givi bag, which I sold, because it was too high, and the chin of my helmet was hitting it on my CBR650F

Reactions: Spo

Spo

CB650F ABS
Sep 21, 2018
I have that bag, it should be fine on the CB650F. I had a bigger Givi bag, which I sold, because it was too high, and the chin of my helmet was hitting it on my CBR650F
Nice, cheers for the feedback, just found a smaller one as well so going to have a look and see what there both like in situ. Thanks again.

Thomas

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Apr 8, 2017
Germany
Had a "regular" tank bag with magnets for the CBR because I thought why the hell should I buy a tank lock bag for 4 times the price. Although I always tried to keep the surface as clean as possible I got quite some paint damage from that.
For the CB I now got a tank lock tank back. 10/10 would buy that expensive sh*t again. No connection to the paint, easy to remove and to put back on. Small enough to not look insane and big enough to get the most important stuff in there (water bottle, Red Bull (no, I am not sponsored), a screwdriver, some zip ties and some other random stuff). Sure, it´s not big enough for a bigger trip but that was not the purpose for mine.
Looked at basically the same GIVI model but went for a SW Motech one instead.

Stuff the GIVI one had going for it: Smartphone "garage", power outlet hole, some inner bags
What I didn´t like about the GIVI: "One size", the finish and the tank lock ring itself - slimmer and therefore closer to the bike (and paint). While those inner bags and pockets are cool - they sometimes limit the space

Stuff the SW Motech "Daypack" had going for it: Better look and finish (my opinion), you can unzip a zipper and expand it (5 - 9 litres compared to the Givis 4 while still looking small), distance between tank and paint, you can choose where the adapter sits (one time only before drilling and mounting the plate)
Stuff the SW Motech didn´t do that great: no visible "phone garage", a bit higher cost
bc_trs_00_108_20002_3_xl.jpg

As the SW Motech one was on discount prices with the GIVI were almost the same. Just trusted my stomach and went with the SW Motech.

Hope this helps a bit, maybe give that one a look, too.

Spo

CB650F ABS
Sep 21, 2018
Fantastic, thanks for the info will have a look at that, sounds good. I noticed some of the GIVI ones had dividers etc inside and thought that’s half the space taken up before putting anything in. Again many thanks 👍🏼

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
I have the SW Motech City bag on my Ducati. Works and looks great, I’m buying a bigger one for the Triumph this winter, no more straps or magnets for this guy!!!

Spo

CB650F ABS
Sep 21, 2018
I have the SW Motech City bag on my Ducati. Works and looks great, I’m buying a bigger one for the Triumph this winter, no more straps or magnets for this guy!!!
I hear ya, had straps on ktm tank bag which left friction marks and magnetic one on my old cbr which scratched the sh*t out of the tank. I’m liking the evo ring on the sw motech ones looks way more robust than the GIVI and seems to leave more clearance between the base and the tank. Think I’m sold on the motech Very grateful for all the input guys.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Someone on the Duc forum asked about my SW bag so I snapped a pic over the weekend.

Mine doesn’t “float” quite as much as Thomas @Thomas bag does, so it will touch the paint in certain areas. Not a bad thing, it just does, so I put a little 3M protectant at those spots to help slow down the wear a bit. 0FEBB447-27B9-45BA-8C85-F390EC224882.jpeg

Paul c

CB650F ABS
Mar 29, 2018
Hi I have a givi 15ltr tank bag on my cb650f and it is just right, you can still see the speedo ok hope this helps

Kayman29

CB650F
Feb 28, 2018
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Riding Since
I bought the Givi and dumped it second hand right away as the plastic screen pocket sits to high and flat to be able to read a phone screen or map. Happy with a ram mount and a Nelson Riggs tail bag now.

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
The tank sits high, and if your short like me. The chin of my helmet hits tank bags.

Hottep6153

CB650F ABS
Apr 10, 2019
Germany
Have the Givi ST602 used on my CB650F and works fine. I use my Cellphone (Iphone 8) for Navigation and it fits great. On the other Hand i want a small Bag for my Wallet, Cellphone, Key, Lighter, Cigarettes, Sunglasses etc.
And for this the ST602 is great. It have a Capacity of 4 Litres and up to 2 Kg. For me is more than i need. Enough place for a small Bottle too.
And ist possible to buy a Power-Hub which you can easy connect with the Givi-Power Connector.
The Easylock works fine too. The Bag dont touch the Paint an its absolut stable (tested with 200km/h).

I want to keep it for use with my CBR650R too. Hope will fit and its not too big.

But it seems GIVI throw the ST602 out of their Program. On the Homepage you will find only the much more bigger ST603. But some Dealers have it still in Stock. Maybe the most Customers demand a bigger Bag.

Last edited:

Sunde

CB650F ABS
Jun 2, 2018
Denmark - Århus
Had a "regular" tank bag with magnets for the CBR because I thought why the hell should I buy a tank lock bag for 4 times the price. Although I always tried to keep the surface as clean as possible I got quite some paint damage from that.
For the CB I now got a tank lock tank back. 10/10 would buy that expensive sh*t again. No connection to the paint, easy to remove and to put back on. Small enough to not look insane and big enough to get the most important stuff in there (water bottle, Red Bull (no, I am not sponsored), a screwdriver, some zip ties and some other random stuff). Sure, it´s not big enough for a bigger trip but that was not the purpose for mine.
Looked at basically the same GIVI model but went for a SW Motech one instead.

Stuff the GIVI one had going for it: Smartphone "garage", power outlet hole, some inner bags
What I didn´t like about the GIVI: "One size", the finish and the tank lock ring itself - slimmer and therefore closer to the bike (and paint). While those inner bags and pockets are cool - they sometimes limit the space

Stuff the SW Motech "Daypack" had going for it: Better look and finish (my opinion), you can unzip a zipper and expand it (5 - 9 litres compared to the Givis 4 while still looking small), distance between tank and paint, you can choose where the adapter sits (one time only before drilling and mounting the plate)
Stuff the SW Motech didn´t do that great: no visible "phone garage", a bit higher cost
bc_trs_00_108_20002_3_xl.jpg

As the SW Motech one was on discount prices with the GIVI were almost the same. Just trusted my stomach and went with the SW Motech.

Hope this helps a bit, maybe give that one a look, too.

I like the size and look of this bag, would it fit on a CB650? And do you have a link by chance or the exact name of the product? :) Thanks in advance

Top Bottom