• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R Tail tidy

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
You fellas must have money to burn ! Doesn't look as neat as original rear end in my opinion but - whatever you want :)

skeletor

CBR650F ABS
Dec 13, 2018
I'm wondering how this license plate holder would look like on the CBR650R: http://top-block.com/index.php?pn=popup_produit&l=en&aid=8076&

I've seen it live at my local dealer on a custom CB650R, it looks wild:

photo-annonce-honda-cb650-four-50e-anniversary_5d0b4f7da2b4d898350552-1455x970.jpg

Those rims....... hurt my eyes.

Timelord

CBR650F ABS
Jul 6, 2019
Nottingham
You fellas must have money to burn ! Doesn't look as neat as original rear end in my opinion but - whatever you want :)
stock removed and fitted J-Tech Tail Tidy with new indicators only thing is now need to buy new relay and fit. Before and after

Attachments

• IMG_5207.JPG
    IMG_5207.JPG
    863.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5209.JPG
    IMG_5209.JPG
    989.9 KB · Views: 90

Eaglemoto

CBR650R ABS
Jul 13, 2019
Riding Since
here !

I did not weigh it, but the DPM is made of Aluminium (not steel) and is substential lighter than the Original.

How certain are you of the metal used? As on Amazon and DPM's websites it says they are constructed from laser cut FE360 steel

stevelululu

CB650R ABS
May 7, 2019
Toronto
How certain are you of the metal used? As on Amazon and DPM's websites it says they are constructed from laser cut FE360 steel
If it's magnetic, then it's most certainly steel. Non-magnetic = alu alloy (unless they use SS, which is highly unlikely due to its weight).

Hottep6153

CB650F ABS
Apr 10, 2019
Germany

You are right. I looked on the HP of the Manufacture and it is: Material FE360 Steel
Was my fault. I thought ive read "Aluminium" on another Website. Dont remember where, but its wrong.

But is significant lighter than the Original, for sure!

Eaglemoto

CBR650R ABS
Jul 13, 2019
Riding Since
You are right. I looked on the HP of the Manufacture and it is: Material FE360 Steel
Was my fault. I thought ive read "Aluminium" on another Website. Dont remember where, but its wrong.

But is significant lighter than the Original, for sure!

True, but it would be even lighter if constructed from aluminium, like most tail tidies are. My other concern would be potential stone chips on the underside going rusty with the steel construction.

Hottep6153

CB650F ABS
Apr 10, 2019
Germany
Of course tail-tidies made of Aluminium are lighter!
But this one for me is the bestlooking so far, that works with our big german License Plates. And i drove more than 3.000 km with this tidy and there is not a single scratch fom Stone Chips

Eaglemoto

CBR650R ABS
Jul 13, 2019
Riding Since
Of course tail-tidies made of Aluminium are lighter!
But this one for me is the bestlooking so far, that works with our big german License Plates. And i drove more than 3.000 km with this tidy and there is not a single scratch fom Stone Chips

It is the best looking I agree, hence why I was a little disappointed the manufacturers had used steel. We also have big plates here in the UK, they make the back end of bikes look ugly!

Pound

CB650R
May 1, 2019
stock removed and fitted J-Tech Tail Tidy with new indicators only thing is now need to buy new relay and fit. Before and after

Did you get any power going to your LED's? I just fitted some motogadget MBlaze pin's and they wont turn on at all. (Was expecting a fast flash). Bulb comes on when I plug it into the license plate light on the harness so I know its working.

Hopefully relay helps. Just ordered

Eaglemoto

CBR650R ABS
Jul 13, 2019
Riding Since
Well, I went for the DPM race tail tidy in the end. I think it looks awesome with a good balance between aesthetics and potentially keeping water/mud from covering my back. Just a word of warning to those in the UK considering this tidy, the space between the indicators is obviously geared towards EU plate sizes so the standard UK plate wont fit properly. Fortunately for me on a 19 plate I can get smaller plates made up to fit.
For interest, the Honda tail unit weighs in at 1.44kg, the DPM race tidy, because its steel and bigger than other models, weighs approx 0.8kg. Still a big weight saving, but I bet the Evotech tidy saves loads more weight. I will post some images once I have fitted the smaller plate.

Eaglemoto

CBR650R ABS
Jul 13, 2019
Riding Since
As promised, some images and experiences in the wet. This tidy does keep water and therefore mud from getting sprayed up your back, however it does allow a little water ingress under the pillion seat with heavy rain, and the issue appears to be water gaining entry under the tail light, I believe that can be sorted though.

cbr650 ttidy.jpgcbr650 ttidy2.jpg20191005_142339[1].jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom