• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Luggage SW Motech US

flyinpiranha

CB650R ABS
Aug 14, 2020
Riding Since
I went to this shop here in Portland, OR. Super helpful and really nice crew they have working. Unfortunately they don't have the Street Rack for the 2019 CB650R that I put on my CB500F. I did end up getting a tank bag and a tail bag:

The tank bag is the EVO Engage, the tail bag is the EVO Rearbag Tailbag. Worked great on a 210ish mile round trip this last weekend. Really great stuff, I had been ordering all the stuff internationally since they didn't have a shop over here so it was sometimes weeks to months (although some of that was also COVID) for delivery, so this has been great having them locally.

The tail bag is one of the few that doesn't cover the brake light. I had a Kriega 30 that I just couldn't get to mount right, so I needed something that was a bit more 'rigid'. I may end up putting on the panniers that match this style. I think it's a great match for the bike and offers plenty of room. Their quicklock ring thing is great (I loved the quickness of my old Cortech magnet but my CB500F was seeing little scratches and didn't want that on this one). It's a little tight near the front end where the key sits, but it's workable.

Attachments

• 20200829_111348.jpg
    20200829_111348.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 97

MrFritz86

CB650R
Sep 28, 2019
Nashville, TN
I went to this shop here in Portland, OR. Super helpful and really nice crew they have working. Unfortunately they don't have the Street Rack for the 2019 CB650R that I put on my CB500F. I did end up getting a tank bag and a tail bag:

The tank bag is the EVO Engage, the tail bag is the EVO Rearbag Tailbag. Worked great on a 210ish mile round trip this last weekend. Really great stuff, I had been ordering all the stuff internationally since they didn't have a shop over here so it was sometimes weeks to months (although some of that was also COVID) for delivery, so this has been great having them locally.

The tail bag is one of the few that doesn't cover the brake light. I had a Kriega 30 that I just couldn't get to mount right, so I needed something that was a bit more 'rigid'. I may end up putting on the panniers that match this style. I think it's a great match for the bike and offers plenty of room. Their quicklock ring thing is great (I loved the quickness of my old Cortech magnet but my CB500F was seeing little scratches and didn't want that on this one). It's a little tight near the front end where the key sits, but it's workable.

I've got the same bags, plus the micro, and moving them in between my 2 bikes.
Really great stuff, I love them, both design and build quality are superb imo.
Got everything locally from Twisted Throttle and recently from their new online store.

flyinpiranha

CB650R ABS
Aug 14, 2020
Riding Since
Ha, I don't want to get into politics, but don't believe everything on the news. Crazy sells, and so they focus on the couple blocks where the mostly peaceful protests are taking place, at least until late at night when some just take advantage of the situation.

My wife drives through there every morning and back in the evening on her bike to get to work about a mile from the "chaos". I work downtown but our office is WFH due to COVID.

I do suggest if you're around to go to the store though. It's cool seeing all the bags and they let me take them out to my bike and place them and see how they may fit. So much better than my usual "hope this fits" online purchases!

ICON is also based here, so it's kinda cool having two big names (at least to me) for moto accessories and gear close by.

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Ha, I don't want to get into politics, but don't believe everything on the news...

...It's cool seeing all the bags and they let me take them out to my bike and place them and see how they may fit. So much better than my usual "hope this fits" online purchases!

Couldn't resist the "riot" jab! 😎 Seriously, that's awesome when they let you try out stuff to see if it fits or looks good on the bike. Like Corbin seats in Daytona, you can ride your bike into their garage and they'll throw the seat on your bike so you can get a feel for it. Also, when I went to Madstad here in Brooksville my simple inquiry of a windshield for the CB lead to a full out tour of their factory and how they make everything! Although I never heard from them about the CB it was nice of them to give me the tour!
There also was a dealership that allowed me to take out their Shad cases from the display to match up to my bike outside. They have new owners now and lessened their stock merchandise, which is too bad.
Not sure if this type of "try it out" model hinders their sales but it sure makes me want to stick with their business when I'm in the market for something.

flyinpiranha

CB650R ABS
Aug 14, 2020
Riding Since
Couldn't resist the "riot" jab! 😎 Seriously, that's awesome when they let you try out stuff to see if it fits or looks good on the bike. Like Corbin seats in Daytona, you can ride your bike into their garage and they'll throw the seat on your bike so you can get a feel for it. Also, when I went to Madstad here in Brooksville my simple inquiry of a windshield for the CB lead to a full out tour of their factory and how they make everything! Although I never heard from them about the CB it was nice of them to give me the tour!
There also was a dealership that allowed me to take out their Shad cases from the display to match up to my bike outside. They have new owners now and lessened their stock merchandise, which is too bad.
Not sure if this type of "try it out" model hinders their sales but it sure makes me want to stick with their business when I'm in the market for something.

That's awesome! I've been trying to find local areas that are part of the motorcycle community. For example I had no idea the One Motorcycle show was here and we went on our bikes to the last one. Was cool seeing all the bikes and local gear. Having ICON here is pretty cool too!

GTSnoRacer

CB650F ABS
Feb 20, 2021
Riding Since
Does anyone have the sw motech Alu rack? GPT.01.529.15000/B

On cb650f?

Does it fit with a tail tidy?

GTSnoRacer

CB650F ABS
Feb 20, 2021
Riding Since
Apparently this has been replaced by the "street rack", looking again it I'm pretty sure I would need to get different indicator taillights or put the oem fender back

GTSnoRacer

CB650F ABS
Feb 20, 2021
Riding Since
I ended up getting the older style " Alu Rack" from twisted throttle. It was about $30 cheaper and in stock. Installed in a few minutes, just had to move the tail tidy out if the way to access the rear bolts. I like how it looks ( as long as no top box)

It is tight with the tail lights but works for now, smaller LED indicators would be better than the stock bulbous ones.

JayBeeSea

CB650R
Aug 5, 2021
Riding Since

Just out of interest, are you able to fit your helmet in the EVO RearbagTailbag? Also, does the bag come with a strap to wear/carry over your shoulder?

BC_Rob

CBR650R ABS
May 6, 2021
Riding Since
My touring SW-Motech setup on my 2020 CBR650R:
Slipstream tail bag and Quick Loc Trial EVO tank bag with EVO tank ring.0075C26F-EEB0-48A8-BDB0-3797B9EAE29C.jpeg

Top Bottom