• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R Still waiting for my new CB650R

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
Paid the deposit for a new CB650R Neo Sports Cafe in June and still no idea when I'm going to receive my new bike.
Initially in June, the dealer said 2-3 months - now we're 5 months down the line and no news.
Has anyone else had to wait this long ?

Now I've seen the all black 2023 model, I'm considering cancelling the 2022 model and ordering a 2023 instead.

xorbe

CBR650R
Nov 2, 2021
California
Riding Since
A different brand, I waited Nov to late June a couple years ago, approx 7.5 months.

By now, I would think that all MY22 production has stopped already.

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
I have made the decision to change my order to the 2023 CB650R in matte gunpowder black metallic.
I've waited 5 months for the 2022 one I ordered, so what's a little longer wait and it looks WAY nicer.
It also has upgraded LCD, forks and other stuff.

Attachments

• cb650r-2023.png
    cb650r-2023.png
    728.1 KB · Views: 45

korfi62

CB650R ABS
May 1, 2022
Riding Since
I've waited from April until August for my blue CB650R in germany.
Blue was the earliest to arrive at the dealer :cool:
Waiting for the MY 2023 matt black seems a very good idea!

Miller

CBR650R ABS
Jun 4, 2022
Maidstone
Riding Since
Paid the deposit for a new CB650R Neo Sports Cafe in June and still no idea when I'm going to receive my new bike.
Initially in June, the dealer said 2-3 months - now we're 5 months down the line and no news.

Now I've seen the all black 2023 model, I'm considering cancelling the 2022 model and ordering a 2023 instead.
I feel your pain. I put the deposit down on my cbr back in July and was told around 8-12 weeks. I finally had some “good news” from Honda that it will be delivered in December and I will be out riding next month.

I too was also considering the upgrade to the 23 design, however I was told there will be approx an 8% increase in price and delivery won’t be until March / April as they still have quite a few of the 22 models to sell due to the delays.

I passed my test back in July and this will be my first bike. Im so anxious waiting for it. Have you contacted the dealership and asked for a delivery date?

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
I have over 30 years riding experience and my trusty CB600F6 is still getting me about so I'm happy to wait until after the winter.
I drive in all weathers so I'd rather risk dropping my 14 year old bike with over 40k on it, than a new shiny one in snow, grit and ice over the winter.
The look of the 2023 model was a no-brainer and it has upgraded front forks, LCD and a few other things.
I will of course be customising certain parts like that AWFUL tail assembly - Mine will be getting fitted out with a custom towbar assembly so I can pull a trailer.

tomonoak

CBR650R ABS
Sep 25, 2022
Riding Since
Compared to everyone else here I haven't got much to complain about yet, as I ordered my CBR650R in September, with the dealer telling me 2 - 4 months - but that he couldn't guarantee that. I'm a little worried though that one day in early 2023 he will get back to me to tell me that I will have to transfer my order to the 2023 model, which doubtless would mean even more delay.

I can't help getting the impression that Honda is refusing to communicate with their dealers about delivery, which can't be making friends for them.

Miller - your news that you'll get delivery this month is encouraging, but I hope you'll post here again when you actually have the physical bike in your hands.

Miller

CBR650R ABS
Jun 4, 2022
Maidstone
Riding Since
Miller - your news that you'll get delivery this month is encouraging, but I hope you'll post here again when you actually have the physical bike in your hands.
I had confirmation from Honda just yesterday that the bike is being delivered to the dealership this weekend and I can pick up on Thursday 15th December! Its been a long wait. Initial visit to Honda was on 14th July, so it will have been 5 months by the time I get to ride the bike away. I've had all my gear sat at my home doing nothing but taunting me and teasing me, but no bike to wear it for! I am so excited for next week!

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
i’m glad i’m not getting a new bike yet. I dropped my CB600 Hornet on Wednesday in the snow here. no real damage but i’m glad i wasn’t on a new bike. i ride in all weathers so i’m keeping my trusty Hornet for the bad weather riding.
My new bike will be next years 2023 model (which looks amazing compared to the 2022 one) when the weather gets better. i’m not without a bike right now so no urgency.

Tony650r

CBR650R
Nov 30, 2021
Riding Since
Do you use a particular type of tire to ride on snow and ice? I don’t know how you do it, seems like it must be pretty dangerous. I couldn’t do it even if I wanted to though, it’s not legal to ride in winter over here. You must have a very very mild winter? But still, snow is snow ⛄️. Every corner and curve I would be saying my prayers 😅.
i’m glad i’m not getting a new bike yet. I dropped my CB600 Hornet on Wednesday in the snow here. no real damage but i’m glad i wasn’t on a new bike. i ride in all weathers so i’m keeping my trusty Hornet for the bad weather riding.
My new bike will be next years 2023 model (which looks amazing compared to the 2022 one) when the weather gets better. i’m not without a bike right now so no urgency.

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
I use Pirelli Angel tyres. Expensive but they last well and are great in cold weather, go very slow around corners (no leaning) with both feet skimming the deck and VERY gentle on the brakes and accelerating.
In THICK snow I fit snow grips that fit around the tyres with straps. They come in sets of 5 for each tyre, but you can only use them in the snow and have to remove them on road surfaces.
it's only -2/-3 here right now, but enough for black ice.
Also I try to use main roads where buses and lorries have travelled and stay out of the tyre tracks where the snow is compacted.

I used to have a spray can of this stuff that made tyres stick to ice. Tyre Grip I think it was called. Great stuff but you had to keep applying it every 5 minutes as it wore off.
Also I ALWAYS wear full armour riding in the cold or wet. I have several sets that fit under whatever gear I'm wearing. The bike is easier to repair than arms or legs.

Tony650r

CBR650R
Nov 30, 2021
Riding Since
I use Pirelli Angel tyres. Expensive but they last well and are great in cold weather, go very slow around corners (no leaning) with both feet skimming the deck and VERY gentle on the brakes and accelerating.
In THICK snow I fit snow grips that fit around the tyres with straps. They come in sets of 5 for each tyre, but you can only use them in the snow and have to remove them on road surfaces.
it's only -2/-3 here right now, but enough for black ice.
Also I try to use main roads where buses and lorries have travelled and stay out of the tyre tracks where the snow is compacted.

I used to have a spray can of this stuff that made tyres stick to ice. Tyre Grip I think it was called. Great stuff but you had to keep applying it every 5 minutes as it wore off.
Also I ALWAYS wear full armour riding in the cold or wet. I have several sets that fit under whatever gear I'm wearing. The bike is easier to repair than arms or legs.
You sir are hardcore. I salute you🫡

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
I just spoke to the dealer and my new bike is FINALLY on it's way to UK. Currently on a boat somewhere.
I should have it in 3-4 weeks.
I'm also the first customer for this 2023 black edition model from this dealer.
Seemingly the bike comes with the Sports Pack included in the (on the road) price of £8199
There is an additional charge of £99 to fit the (supplied for free) Datatool Stealth live GPS tracker which is fine.
The dealer also has my private plate certificate to transfer onto the bike when it arrives.

Not long before I can get photos !!!

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
Well the world works in mysterious ways....
Tuesday on my way home, a small white van suddenly pulled across in front of me.
The driver was charged at the scene with careless driving.
I was awarded a fractured wrist, cuts and bruises.

Attachments

• wreck.jpg
    wreck.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
Mar 11, 2023
Riding Since

I had the same issue. I ended up getting the 2023 Matt gray version. Love it. It was so much quicker. Just see if the can shift your deposit for the 2023 instead. They are arriving to the dealerships this month.

Top Bottom