• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650F Standard exhaust mod.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
If your mod. is good, maybe i should do it to my stock exhaust ,sitting in the spare room and keep it as a spare[you know just in case something
happen's to my Term] Can we hear what it sounds like?Also Adios600 did you fit the 44 tooth rear sprocket yet?If you did ,how much better is it?

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
If your mod. is good, maybe i should do it to my stock exhaust ,sitting in the spare room and keep it as a spare[you know just in case something
happen's to my Term] Can we hear what it sounds like?Also Adios600 did you fit the 44 tooth rear sprocket yet?If you did ,how much better is it?
You're termi is the dogs.I will try and upload the sound when it's fitted which will be shortly.44t goes on after I have tried the exhaust on the road. Will keep you posted. If money was no object I would have a termi or ixil.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
Thanks,i will keep my ears open,and with the 44t it would be nice to know how much it takes off top speed.I have done a little over 240km/h
and i don't want to lose too much top end.If money was no object i would have a bmw s1000rr.

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
Thanks,i will keep my ears open,and with the 44t it would be nice to know how much it takes off top speed.I have done a little over 240km/h
and i don't want to lose too much top end.If money was no object i would have a bmw s1000rr.
Where I live is all twists and turns, and no real top speed stuff,also two up riding.I reckon two teeth will be spot on,we will have to see.My mate has s1000 naked now that is nice.

Thomas

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Apr 8, 2017
Germany
bmw s1000rr

Always said a Double R is the first thing I´ll buy when successfully finishing my degree and finding a job.
At some point I´ll get one of those 2 bad boys and if it´s the last thing I´ll do.
But looking at some spy shots of the new S1000RR......not too sure how to feel about that. But let´s wait.
You just can´t beat a blipper with auto rev matching and a little backfire at each downshift.
But let´s enjoy our already great bikes in the meanwhile :playful:

I also started the bike up without exhaust (still with headers), just for a short time when removing the db-eater bolt of the MIVV. Do yourself the favour and try it. Just not at night.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
The non-symmetry of the S1000RR's fairing has always weirded me out a bit. With those giant shark gills on one side and the open hole on the other side. Besides, if money truly was no objection, there's always the BMW HP4 or Ducati Panigale 1299 Superleggera :)

Thomas

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Apr 8, 2017
Germany
The non-symmetry of the S1000RR's fairing has always weirded me out a bit. With those giant shark gills on one side and the open hole on the other side. Besides, if money truly was no objection, there's always the BMW HP4 or Ducati Panigale 1299 Superleggera :)
Many people in Germany refer to the S1000R/RR/XR as the "Dall" bikes. Named after "Karl Dall". Google that guy and you´ll know why. (Disclaimer: It´s quite mean)
And while I always liked the design I have to say with 2015 it got much better.

V4 Speciale, Tuono V4 Factory, MT-10SP, F3 800s, ZX-10R(R) KRT/Winter edition/ Daytona 675r,..... so many great but quite expensive bikes out there. The possibilities are endless, the budget isn´t.

bobstrax

CB650F ABS
Oct 1, 2017
Lincolnshire
Aaah but great/expensive is not always best my friend. I finally got rid of the gixxer, not just because
1) It was going to kill me...and I possibly would kill someone else :(
2) It was going to kill my licence....job lost....etc :(
3) It was killing my back n wrists...getting too old ;)
but also because there is nowhere in the UK, except track, to utilise its true potential properly. You are luckier with the Autobahns etc but in the UK, anything over 100mph is an auto licence lose. I have much more road fun with the torque on my Bandit than I ever did with the Gixxer.
Would love to throw wads of cash at a " great " bike but I'd want to ride it right ;)

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Its the eternal adage: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than it is to ride a fast bike slow.

Oh and Autobahn isn't all it's cracked up to be. More and more parts do get speed limits and if there's not, all you can do is go really fast in a straight line. I'd rather cruise through some slower twisty roads.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
I concur, gsxr’s tend to be a very overrated bike, however the do make a great race platform so there’s that. As Jerry @Jerry stated above, there’s just something about riding a slower bike fast that’s very appealing and just gives a more connected feel. Liter bike pull and power is amazing, there is nothing like hitting an apex just right, twisting the wrist on 150+ hp and letting the spinning rear tire straighten up your lean and propel you to the next corner with the front tire just hovering over the pavement.

But it’s a fleeting feeling and happens so rarely at sane speeds that it become an exercise in restraint to keep your license and your life in check. I loved my time riding liters but enjoy the smaller bikes as much if not more and my license and wallet are much happier.

My big Triumph is a 120hp 1050cc triple that’s not terribly fast, it’s too big and heavy for that, but admittedly the torque pull in second is addicting and brings back memories of my 929.I really miss that bike, by far my favorite motorcycle to date. But screaming the 650 along the Blue Ridge Parkway is a blast.

While the motorcycle industry, at least in the US, is in a huge decline with no slowdown in sight, we live in a moment where there are truely so many great bikes for a great price it’s almost sickening our numbers are so low. I remember back in the 80’s, 90’s and early 2000’s motorcycles could be truly awful to ride, own and maintain and nowadays you have to try to find something wrong with anything.

Bikes like the S1000RR, the Aprilia V4’s, Panagale’s and even the new 1000RR CBR are modern marvels that can absolutely win a race in stock form on Sunday, take you to work on Monday and across the country the following weekend without missing a beat. That’s awsome, now try that on an RD400.

Last edited:
Top Bottom