• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650F So I dropped her on the second day...

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
I am sorry to hear you dropped you're bike, the weight is my only issue with this bike. I am 68kg 5f.8" and came from 600rr, on my pre purchase ride it caught me out slightly, I still bought it because I was so impressed with the bike. In the following year I had one or two near misses so I fitted a lowering spring that helped alot. I also have to push my bike over a hump in a out of the shed and believe it or not I am actually getting used to the weight in the sense I am not conciously thinking about it so much. Maybe it's the the maual pushing nearly every day that's helped. Give it some time and hopefully you will get used to it.

Kingsleh

CBR650F ABS
Apr 11, 2018
Montreal, Canada
I bought mine with those same damages. I don't mind it since its just some paint, but I'll get mine fixed during the winter or early next season. This way while I learn to ride mine and if I happen to drop it too, at least I won't have to fix it twice :p

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
Don’t fret. I dropped mine twice already. The 2nd time (in the garage) the frame slider saved the fairing from damage. Mine is a 14 and I had some metallic black spray paint that was a near perfect match on the cover scratch.

You’ll get used to the weight in a few weeks of riding.

Sudesh

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Nov 21, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Riding Since
I’m so glad to hear everyone has at least encountered this issue haha, makes my heart ease a little even though I’ve totaled a 600rr and nearly ruined a 1000rr as well. But nobody ever gets used to that feeling of shame when you drop it l guess, I have good news that I will be using paint or even a marker type item to fix up the tiny scratches and make them non existent before buying older cover plates to make my bike full black.

bobstrax

CB650F ABS
Oct 1, 2017
Lincolnshire
I’m so glad to hear everyone has at least encountered this issue haha, makes my heart ease a little even though I’ve totaled a 600rr and nearly ruined a 1000rr as well. But nobody ever gets used to that feeling of shame when you drop it l guess, I have good news that I will be using paint or even a marker type item to fix up the tiny scratches and make them non existent before buying older cover plates to make my bike full black.
Be very careful when buying older casings, they normally come off totalled bikes.....look carefully for hairline cracks etc

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Dropped mine too when I had it for like two weeks. I was walking the bike out of my front yard where I park it and the turn was a little tight and I didn't have enough movement room. Ended up standing too close to the bike and couldn't save it from tipping over when it leaned a bit too far away from me. I could ease its fall because I was still holding the handlebar. I was extremely lucky in that there's this foot high brick wall in my front yard which is the transition from pavement to the flowerbed and it landed right on top of that 5cm wide wall with the right handlebar. So the only thing that got scratched was the right hand bar end and the right foot peg.

Since that day I do all of my manual maneuvering while sitting on top of the bike. I can easily flatfoot both of my feet when sitting on top of it. This is a lot easier IMO.

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
I walk my bike in and out of the shed over a hump and the odd thing is I always used to push my bikes from the stand side. I cannot do this now because of how the bike is parked so I have to push it from the right hand side which I am used to now, I think that has helped in my acceptance of the weight.

Sudesh

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Nov 21, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Riding Since
Dropped mine too when I had it for like two weeks. I was walking the bike out of my front yard where I park it and the turn was a little tight and I didn't have enough movement room. Ended up standing too close to the bike and couldn't save it from tipping over when it leaned a bit too far away from me. I could ease its fall because I was still holding the handlebar. I was extremely lucky in that there's this foot high brick wall in my front yard which is the transition from pavement to the flowerbed and it landed right on top of that 5cm wide wall with the right handlebar. So the only thing that got scratched was the right hand bar end and the right foot peg.

Since that day I do all of my manual maneuvering while sitting on top of the bike. I can easily flatfoot both of my feet when sitting on top of it. This is a lot easier IMO.

I physically hate pushing it without being on the bike, can’t take it backwards like that either so I just constantly sit on it when no power moving.

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
I physically hate pushing it without being on the bike, can’t take it backwards like that either so I just constantly sit on it when no power moving.
Well I hated pushing my bike and over gravel too, I push it backwards as well, but to be fair to you I made a grab rail I just realised you have not got a proper place to grab hold.:(

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
As i said i dropped mine twice and that happen as i was turning left into another street.Now at certain times
of the year we in northern thailand get black mold on the streets[ slippery as hell] and it got me twice on the 650
and once on the 250. Your front wheel just slips out and your on the ground,what a piss off.

SuperSammo23

CB650F ABS
May 17, 2018
Nottingham
If RS won't help let me know. They do have the colour matched and stored in their database. It may however still be stored in my name, not Honda 650f.
This could be great do they deliver? I'm in the uk scraped into my gate post and scuffed my golden clutch casing. Absolutely wounded. Priced up new casing from Honda £263 😭😭 damage isn't massive but I know it's there and my baby is wounded lol

jitaylor

CBR650F ABS
Apr 25, 2018
As i said i dropped mine twice and that happen as i was turning left into another street.Now at certain times
of the year we in northern thailand get black mold on the streets[ slippery as hell] and it got me twice on the 650
and once on the 250. Your front wheel just slips out and your on the ground,what a piss off.

Aaargh. black mold. There is nothing you can do about that. That is like riding on soap suds. Geez. I dropped mine once pushing it over the little bump to enter the garage when my left arm was in a sling. Not terribly bright. I will say, that the T-Rex frame slider limited the damage to a broken clutch lever only.

bobstrax

CB650F ABS
Oct 1, 2017
Lincolnshire
This could be great do they deliver? I'm in the uk scraped into my gate post and scuffed my golden clutch casing. Absolutely wounded. Priced up new casing from Honda £263 😭😭 damage isn't massive but I know it's there and my baby is wounded lol
Message me and I'll give you the Details and yes deliver in the Post.

DRyker

Amateur
Jun 17, 2017
Arkansas
H
Don’t fret. I dropped mine twice already. The 2nd time (in the garage) the frame slider saved the fairing from damage. Mine is a 14 and I had some metallic black spray paint that was a near perfect match on the cover scratch.

You’ll get used to the weight in a few weeks of riding.

Do you happen to know what spray paint that was? Previous owner bought mine new from dealership, dropped it on both sides, and sold it to me with 100 miles on the odometer. He was either sitting still or going under 5 mph when he dropped it, no drag marks, but the cover scratches are definitely there and hard to miss.

Top Bottom