Smoking whether you want or not! California SF Bay air quality

User2

CBR650F
Oct 23, 2018
The big California wildfires have turned the San Francisco Bay Area into an “everyone is smoking” zone. Air quality is in the definitely hazardous category.

It’s a weekend where riding the motorcycle is out and the cabin filter in my car is a wonderful thing.

User2

CBR650F
Oct 23, 2018
They closed all the public schools today so all my coworkers with kids took the day off. That leaves us DINKS to keep the wheels of industry turning I guess.

I am finding the smoke isn’t much of a problem for me. I do see a lot of people wearing masks. But I have to wonder. Wildfires have existed for longer than written history. Therefore it is natural for humans to deal with the smoky conditions without masks.

That’s why I don’t think this Bay Area smoky crisis is comparable to poor air quality in Beijing. They are choking on pollution that resulted from industry not forest fires.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
Jetflo69, You should wear a very good mask.Alot of my friends were not wearing masks at first but when the

hospital started filling up they soon put them on.It's like smoking a 200 cigarettes a day,up to you, your lungs.

User2

CBR650F
Oct 23, 2018
It rained today and the air seems clear again, except for the more rain forecast through Friday.

It looks like we’re doing a ride on Saturday!

Top Bottom