• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650F Slipper Clutch

Duncan

CBR650F
Honorable Discharge
Odominator
May 3, 2015
SEQ Australia
there does not appear to be one, off the shelf.
The CBR600 primary drive on the clutch has 76 teeth (says the internet) and the CBR650 has 71, so a direct swap is not a thing.

a shop could get the right sized basket and see about fitting it to our primary drive, using a press to "pop" the old one off

I liked the idea of a drop in ramped slipper clutch, but no one seemed to be making compatible parts.
Let up know how you go, if they come in cheep enough, other may follow your lead.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
I never rode with a slipper clutch, but could see the advantage of having one. Having said that though, doesn't a slipper clutch cause you to get a little lazy on the clutch and rev matching?

Slickvic

CBR650F
Sep 27, 2017
Brookfield, WI
Riding Since
We might be able to use the slipper clutch from the 2019 CBR650R if it shares enough parts with our bikes.
It's too early to tell though.

ghehen

CBR650F ABS
Jun 27, 2019
Vietnam
We might be able to use the slipper clutch from the 2019 CBR650R if it shares enough parts with our bikes.
It's too early to tell though.
I heard that someone in India has been changed 650f’clutch with the new one from 650r. I will wait few more year and take the old part of 650r to try it on my bike :))

Top Bottom