• Welcome - be sure to add your motorcycle to the Showcase!

CBR650F Short tail custom sport-bob thingo ? project

coreyfreeman

CBR650F ABS
Jul 15, 2019
Hey everyone just thought i'd share my progress with my 2016 CBR650F.

Started out as a standard ol' white with red and bull stripes cbr. I got over the look of the bike fast and decided I wanted to build a bobber but I prefer the sound of an inline 4. So I decided to turn what I already have in to what I want, after a few months work this is what she looks like. About 70% finished, just waiting on the power commander to complete all wiring under the tank, paint the tank, upholster the seat and tidy her up
20190902_212619.jpg20190902_211856.jpg

Attachments

• 20190902_221536.jpg
    20190902_221536.jpg
    833.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Glad that you're happy with it. Don't take this as a knock, I love ingenuity. Just not my thing. I love the way the 650's look right out of the crate.

I am interested to see how your's looks once you get the seat on and finalized. Definitely gives it a meaner look!

coreyfreeman

CBR650F ABS
Jul 15, 2019
Looks awesome. Now, that's what I call a Tail Tidy 😂

Thanks its actually just a sandwich container bolted to the seat that holds the brake light, license plate, lithium battery and soon power commander, indicators are ebay handlebar indicators shoved into the cut off pipes of the frame

John876

CBR650R ABS
Aug 6, 2019
Essex, England

Started out as a standard ol' white with red and bull stripes cbr. I got over the look of the bike fast and decided I wanted to build a bobber but I prefer the sound of an inline 4. So I decided to turn what I already have in to what I want, after a few months work this is what she looks like. About 70% finished, just waiting on the power commander to complete all wiring under the tank, paint the tank, upholster the seat and tidy her up
View attachment 3955View attachment 3956

I love it mate. Can’t wait to see it finished. Did you do it all yourself?

coreyfreeman

CBR650F ABS
Jul 15, 2019
I love it mate. Can’t wait to see it finished. Did you do it all yourself?

yeah all done by me, though a majority of the work is what you don't see. I've rerouted all the wiring and electrical from the tail, the ignition coils and regulator from outside the frame into the air filter box. Then cut a big hole in the air filter box to run the new manifold I made outside the left of the bike so suck in fresh cold air. Will post some photos when it's tidy and doesn't look it was hit by a hurricane haha

Goblin

CB650R ABS
Sep 2, 2019
Like what you did with the bike, really nice 👍
Great looking tires (maybe the swingarm in black to match the front)

MrMantik

CBR650F ABS
Dec 11, 2023
Riding Since

View attachment 3955View attachment 3956
Think im kicking up an old thread but how did you know what ratio Speedo to buy as well as which wires to use to wire it up as well as calibration?

Top Bottom