• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Luggage Share my Shad sh36..

iTom76

CB650F
Aug 27, 2019
Thanks for sharing. I went with the SH23 because they were so much cheaper than the SH35 and SH36. Having the side luggage period was a little bit of adjustment. But those 36's look massive on the bike. I'm sure being able to fit a full-size helmet inside each one is very convenient.

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Thanks for sharing. I went with the SH23 because they were so much cheaper than the SH35 and SH36. Having the side luggage period was a little bit of adjustment. But those 36's look massive on the bike. I'm sure being able to fit a full-size helmet inside each one is very convenient.

Thanks for posting those pics, iTom! You have my bike and the Shad 3P system with the SH23's were my plan as well. I like Maxxies larger cases as far as storage goes, but I think the SH23's look a little better. And, like you, I plan to make an Alaska trip in the near future (not sure if I'd take the CB on a trip like that) but it'd be nice to have that luggage space like Maxxie has!
For me, since I'm mostly commuting, the 23's would work just fine.

Maxxie08

CB650R ABS
Aug 18, 2019
Indiana
It fits my modular helmet that's why i choose the 36.they are little bit bigger and as a 5'4" im having a trouble getting in and out of the bike,sometimes my right foot touches the right case same with the passenger.😊

Redhawk03a

CB650R
Nov 9, 2019
Where did you buy the 3P rack? Revzilla is telling me Shad doesn't make them for the CB650R yet...but I see them on some Euro websites.

OkiCB

CB650R ABS
Sep 23, 2019
Okinawa, Japan
Maybe not the right place, though somewhat relevant.
Does anyone have an idea why their cases that use the same 3P rack (SH23/35/36) would have one not fit for the CB650R? Apparently the SH23s do not fit, as I'm told by Shad customer support. The 35/36 are a bit too big for my needs.

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Maybe not the right place, though somewhat relevant.
Does anyone have an idea why their cases that use the same 3P rack (SH23/35/36) would have one not fit for the CB650R? Apparently the SH23s do not fit, as I'm told by Shad customer support. The 35/36 are a bit too big for my needs.

When I was thinking about the Shad's for my Versys I spoke with the rep and they stated that, depending on the model, some bags won't fit the 3P bars...meaning the bags size/shape have to match up to the 3P tube angle. I was thinking the same bags for the Versys but the 3P bars were too long whereas the bag's connection points on the SH23's wouldn't match up.

If that makes any sense.

OkiCB

CB650R ABS
Sep 23, 2019
Okinawa, Japan
When I was thinking about the Shad's for my Versys I spoke with the rep and they stated that, depending on the model, some bags won't fit the 3P bars...meaning the bags size/shape have to match up to the 3P tube angle. I was thinking the same bags for the Versys but the 3P bars were too long whereas the bag's connection points on the SH23's wouldn't match up.

If that makes any sense.

Very interesting. I would have thought with the 35/36 being larger, there would be plenty of mounting room on the bars for the 23s to fit. I don't think I've seen a picture of the mounting points for either yet, though. It'd be awesome if someone who had both (or had access to both) could show us for certain or at least where the issue lies so we can see if there's some light modification that can be done to make them work.

Damn! Was hoping to get a set of SH23s for my CBR650R and call it a day.

Looks like the SW-Motec Blaze are the only option left.

Ditto. But I'm after hard luggage rather than the semi-rigid. I wanna sticker bomb them lol

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Very interesting. I would have thought with the 35/36 being larger, there would be plenty of mounting room on the bars for the 23s to fit. I don't think I've seen a picture of the mounting points for either yet, though. It'd be awesome if someone who had both (or had access to both) could show us for certain or at least where the issue lies so we can see if there's some light modification that can be done to make them work.

There's always a way for modifications but, I'm telling you, it's not going to work with these without something you do to the hard case' plastics, like drilling into them or something.

Look at the pictures of the 3P bars, then watch some YouTube videos on how they go on. You'll see what I'm talking about. I even brought this notion to my dealership. The parts guy drew a sketch and it made sense.

Motojack

CBR650R
May 26, 2019
according to the website SH23's are not compatible with the CB650f. How was the fitting?

Top Bottom