• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Luggage Shad Top Box / 3P systems not compatible

Alanc81

CB650F
Jan 23, 2022
Riding Since
Hi, I have 2016 CB650F, last year I purchased a Shad SH39 top box and bracket, I bought the 3P system last week with the Shad SH23 side cases but the 2 systems don't work together, anyone else have any issues with this and any solution?

Motojack

CBR650R
May 26, 2019
would it be a simple solution of getting a bracket made up and somebody doing a bit of aluminium welding?

I looked into the 3p before deciding to go with the soft lugage system from sw motech. The mounting bits were alot more discreet when the saddle bags were not mounted..

Havr you seen thier street rack? its a universal mounting for soft luggage and topbox base for most brands, shad included

Perhaps with this the 3p system could fit, but you should consider sw motech softluggage or their 3p equivilent system, looks alot cleaner for our bikes imho

Last edited:

Alanc81

CB650F
Jan 23, 2022
Riding Since
would it be a simple solution of getting a bracket made up and somebody doing a bit of aluminium welding?

I looked into the 3p before deciding to go with the soft lugage system from sw motech. The mounting bits were alot more discreet when the saddle bags were not mounted..

Havr you seen thier street rack? its a universal mounting for soft luggage and topbox base for most brands, shad included

Perhaps with this the 3p system could fit, but you should consider sw motech softluggage or their 3p equivilent system, looks alot cleaner for our bikes imho

Thanks for that, ye it looks much tighter under the grip rail , the shad system is to far out and not allowing the side cases lock on , ill order the SW Motech rack and hopefully it will work , I'll keep you posted 👍

Motojack

CBR650R
May 26, 2019
I
Thanks for that, ye it looks much tighter under the grip rail , the shad system is to far out and not allowing the side cases lock on , ill order the SW Motech rack and hopefully it will work , I'll keep you posted 👍
Id say do your research though they have alot of configurations and options.

Last edited:

griffithworld

CB650F
Jul 7, 2022
Riding Since
Hi Alanc81 Alanc81, did you get any further with this using the SHAD setup? I've seen a video with the SH23 fitted onto a 650F using the 3P system but everything I look at says it's incompatible. SHAD do a different bar end for the SH23 but I'm not sure if the issue is just the clearance on the 650F specifically?

Top Bottom