• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Seven hours in the saddle

Adamc

CBR650F
Jul 24, 2019
Well after a lengthy all day ride through southeast Ohio that has some amazing scenery and great roads cut through the hills that start the Appalachia mountains i am happy and sore. The bike handled all the curves like like a champ. The comfort level is great for me for about 4 hours of riding. I was taking breaks about every hour or so for water and to stretch my legs a little. I’m 44 years old so do have a little mileage on my body So that stopping interval works for me. The last couple hours I was getting a little sore all over but it was completely worth it. Here’s some pics from the ride. One of the places I went was a coal mining memorial with this massive coal digger bucket. It’s called the Muskie Bucket.96CA1F9C-8F0C-4BD0-A0EB-FF69A275FE4C.jpeg53E5FCE6-54BA-430D-8E8C-E7845DB59697.jpeg1465F381-35F4-4739-A49E-C8D6DF979D2A.jpeg

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Nice!!! My dad called me yesterday morning and wanted to meet for lunch and to do a little riding. Its been a while since we rode together because he lives 4 hours away and thought it sounded like fun so I could take the Triumph and be comfortable the whole or take the Ducati and be fun.

Guess which one I chose?

412 miles, around 7 1/2 hours riding time and a great lunch with my dad later i had a nice full Ducati day in. About the same as you, I stopped once on the way up, we had an hour at lunch, stopped twice on the way back and had a blast.

Bikes like this are great, I could have taken my tourer, but it was better on the fun one :)

Adamc

CBR650F
Jul 24, 2019
Bikes like this are great, I could have taken my tourer, but it was better on the fun one :)
Sounds like a good day. I was curious as to what the industry considered sport touring. Well, I guess this bike pretty much falls into that category precisely.

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
I'll submit the CB/CBR more on the sport end of sport touring....Honda's VFR covers the touring end. Much more upright, comfortable, capable of long distance ..though still a bit sporty IMHO.
Both made to scratch a different itch. More choices than ever ...a good thang.

Adamc

CBR650F
Jul 24, 2019
I'll submit the CB/CBR more on the sport end of sport touring
After the 4 hour mark of riding I’d have to agree that the comfort and touring tends to lose its shine a little and the sore hands, shoulders, and hips start to remind you that there is sport included in the name sport tourer. On the other hand the sport side shines through no matter how long you’re riding, wether it’s your daily commute or a little run through the back roads it’s definitely got the fun factor.

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
No intention of over indulging your thread, but at 67 YO and a new owner of a '19 CBR650R ...the little bugger really shines on the sport end. Even at my age its body positioning near perfect, believe it or not near exact to my older '95 Ducati 900SS.
Though completely different powerplants...fun factor on both off the charts. Come cooler weather, I pull out the VFR. Gear drive cam heaven....ahhh the sound. ...the V4 powerplant.....and very "touring" comfy. Good all day.

Different tools....all good.

Top Bottom